VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been let down by the company that was going to fit our pop top up here in Greenock. We were booked in for mid to late Aug but having contacted the bloke to bring the van to him he is fobbing us off and generally doesn't seem reliable.

We got the contact through poptoproofs.co.uk as a recommended fitter so the whole family is disappointed as we may have to cancel our holiday, as no roof means we cant fit the interior.

Does anyone know of a good poptop fitter in or near Scotland, doesn't have to be reimo or SCA but wouldn't complain if it was, I have emailed Jerba conversions so fingers crossed for them but any others would be appreciated I am wiling to travel as I am even considering a trip to the South west to get it done around christmas if all else fails.

·
Registered
192 Posts
We have been let down by the company that was going to fit our pop top up here in Greenock. We were booked in for mid to late Aug but having contacted the bloke to bring the van to him he is fobbing us off and generally doesn't seem reliable.

We got the contact through poptoproofs.co.uk as a recommended fitter so the whole family is disappointed as we may have to cancel our holiday, as no roof means we cant fit the interior.

Does anyone know of a good poptop fitter in or near Scotland, doesn't have to be reimo or SCA but wouldn't complain if it was, I have emailed Jerba conversions so fingers crossed for them but any others would be appreciated I am wiling to travel as I am even considering a trip to the South west to get it done around christmas if all else fails.
I had same problem about 18 months back after deciding on Austops roof went to fitter,liked the work he was doing so tried booking in for a roof to be fitted but when he took so long to give me definate price even after I offered a deposit I got cold feet about handind my van over to him to cut big hole in the top.I contacted Austops direct and they fitted it in a day (partial fit) well wotrh the long drive up from Bristol ,very pleased with result and the price.

·
Registered
401 Posts
there is someone in inverness that fits Austop roofs also check out http://www.v-worx.co.uk/index.html they did my side windows Rab and Allan great guys but they are in AYR myself and king module were thinking on trying to arrange a scottish group buy to see if we could get a discount T:I:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yes because durham is only 200miles away from helensburgh:bhd:bhd I'm sure that would be a cheap taxi home after dropping the van off

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yes because durham is only 200miles away from helensburgh:bhd:bhd I'm sure that would be a cheap taxi home after dropping the van off
Original ad did say in OR near scotland..... 67miles to the border :D
And dont bang your head matey, you might kill your brain

Cell

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now now boys, as it stand I almost expected to travel south of the border to get it done. But more local is better.

AndiMo pm me if you did want to try and arrange a group booking or something. I have sent loads of emails yesterday so will see what today brings. Thanks for the help guys. :ILU:

·
Registered
87 Posts
there's a conversion company in glasgow called blue juice . dont know anything about them though but might be worth a phone call . at least u can get the train back to greenock when u drop the van off . good luck . ps im a greenockian myself but since moved away

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was BlueJuice in Glasgow that I emailed months ago with a list of work asking for a price. He replied saying he had just returned from holiday and would get back to me, as I said that was months ago if someone cant even be relied on to give a price then I wont be giving them the work as how reliable will they be? First impressions count for a lot.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi
Its my van with the black roof that Brummy is doing.I wasnt sure on the black roof initially but now I have seen it in the flesh i like it.

There is an off chance I might be in Helensburgh next week with the van-I was brought up there and my mum still stays there!-Brummy is doing a full conversion on mine so it just depends if its finished next week.If i am I'll PM you and you can get a look.

Heres another pic for you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts