VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there ! New to this,can anybody tell me if this is a good quote? ,I am 49 without a no claims bonus .Driving for ten years. T4 800

special with many mods! value 4000. One ts10 5 and a half years ago,had an insurance claim at Christmas wife (named driver)

wrote off our Golf on black ice! Anyway best quote i can get is Brentacre £890 with £500 exess..AdrianFlux was £1000!

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. :* Have spent 2 days on the phone,most dont want to know when i mention mods

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
sounds about right just recently, mine shot up from 180 to nearly 600 this year for one tiny accident, old insurer wouldn't quote, loads of bother getting any quotes at all. Brentacre were deffo best this year.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Seems fair enough without any no claims bonus I reckon.

Depends on loads more things though, what the many mods actually are. And where you live/what you use it for/how many miles you do/do you have another car/what are the named drivers histories/where is it kept etc.

Its all relevant to the premium.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still can't believe it ! Phoned up Glynwood today..£295.44 :):):) 10,000 miles per year fully comp,the guy was great ,said I used it as a camper with very occ. use to work,maybe once a week ..still i'll be happy when i see the paperwork!And to think i felt like selling it today rather than pay 900 quid! Fingers crossed thats the end of itT:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still can't believe it ! Phoned up Glynwood today..£295.44 :):):) 10,000 miles per year fully comp,the guy was great ,said I used it as a camper with very occ. use to work,maybe once a week ..still i'll be happy when i see the paperwork!And to think i felt like selling it today rather than pay 900 quid! Fingers crossed thats the end of itT:
Oh and many thanks to Wavestarved and Nealglover for the feedbackT:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Same here, Ive never had insurance in my name, allways been a named driver...bought my T4 and got full comp for £240 T:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well , got a better deal ! £295 T: Glyn Wood. Insured as a campervan,they say you dont need a sink or cooker ect with them as long as you have have a rnr bed ect and use it as a campervan you also need to have another motor,the camper not being your main motor.1000 miles per year ocasionale use for comuting Wife also insured to drive !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Me and the wife have used these guys for years www.keithmichaels.co.uk
We have our 1975 bug, golf gti and T4 van all with mods insured with them.
Forgot what i paid last year but know no one could get near there price.

Have made a claim with them and the service was spot on.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well , got a better deal ! £295 T: Glyn Wood. Insured as a campervan,they say you dont need a sink or cooker ect with them as long as you have have a rnr bed ect and use it as a campervan you also need to have another motor,the camper not being your main motor.1000 miles per year ocasionale use for comuting Wife also insured to drive !
I looked into this but after asking some pertanant questions, I found out a campervan has to be registered with the dvla and the logbook has to be changed as the underwrighters will not pay out if its incorrect, so be carefull on this one I might still be corrected on this one, but it was a decision to leave mine as a people mover/ caravelle based on this infomation I found out, all very well getting a quote and paying the money over, but in case of a insurance claim one way or another need to understand where you will be legally check withthe underwriter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked into this but after asking some pertanant questions, I found out a campervan has to be registered with the dvla and the logbook has to be changed as the underwrighters will not pay out if its incorrect, so be carefull on this one I might still be corrected on this one, but it was a decision to leave mine as a people mover/ caravelle based on this infomation I found out, all very well getting a quote and paying the money over, but in case of a insurance claim one way or another need to understand where you will be legally check withthe underwriter.
I mentioned this to Glyn Wood,that although I use it as a campervan it doesnt have a cooker or a sink,they said they understand better than other ins.companys what is used as a campervan and as long as it has other things ,in my case rnr bed chest of drawers ect it was a campervan in there eyes.Just hope you're wrong if I ever need to make a claim.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts