VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking for some expert advice on a purchase of a new Vw T5
I am looking for good fuel economy and thinking the 140bhp model then possibly upgrade bhp, would appreciate any advice at all.
The main things I am not sure on are Lwb or Mwb, bhp, combi or just panel van?
I am looking to buy brand new and keep for minimum of 3 years, if I do sell after 3 years I was wondering which models are more desirable to sell for camper conversions etc? I thought the single rear tailgate was more desired rather than the twin doors but any advice on spec camper conversions are ideal for would be much appreciated as I might love the T5 so much and decide to keep and convert to camper myself.

Thanks in advance guys T:

·
Registered
209 Posts
We bought a 1 year old LWB facelift 140bhp panel van nearly two years ago and have converted it to a camper and never looked back. You are right about tailgate rather than barn door - they are few and far between in the relatively new used market whereas plenty of barn door were available.

As far as MPG is concerned we get around 35mpg for shortish local journeys and 38-41mpg on long trips cruising at around 65mph on the motorway. On a trip to Italy last year we regularly saw 41mpg.

If you want to convert have two captains seats rather than a single drivers and double passenger seat - we found the double passenger seat really uncomfortable for long journeys.

I should add that we have added cruise control, the driver information system and the ipod input for the stereo - all help to ease long journeys. We will probably add DAB radio this year as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts