VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just got a renewal quote from Adrian flux (£790) and it's about double what I was paying last year. It's gone up as I haven't got a cooker and water fitted yet. I knew it would go up but I didn't realise it would be that big a hit! It would be cheaper to go and buy a smev 9222 and get another quote. Its only a van not cosworth! My old r32 was cheaper to insure and that was 4 years ago, im 38 now thought it was supposed to go down with age etc. Anyway enough of my moaning can anyone recommend me some insurance? I'm probably out of luck as flux were pretty good last year

Cheers - Dave

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also recommend brentacre, i was with adrian flux last year on a good deal, then as you almost doubled in price but brentacre sorted me out with a good upgradable package as im still in process of converting mine.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I always use gocompare or confused. Tried some of the insurers on the forum...........I:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brentcare have got it down to £589 so that's better but would like to get it down more. I've got 10 days to try and better it. I haven't tried go compare etc as I've heard that once you enter your details then you just get non stop phone calls from loads of companies as the compare sites hand your details out to all of them.

Maybe I should just put a bluff phone number on go compare etc

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Brentcare have got it down to £589 so that's better but would like to get it down more. I've got 10 days to try and better it. I haven't tried go compare etc as I've heard that once you enter your details then you just get non stop phone calls from loads of companies as the compare sites hand your details out to all of them.

Maybe I should just put a bluff phone number on go compare etc
I've never had any calls. :* A couple of emails is all. T:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Campers are really mileage specific, make sure you don't say you do more than you do. I noticed £120 difference between 7k a year and 5k. Always try comparison sites, never had any bother with unwanted calls.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just tried go compare. No luck they only came up with one result which was flux who I'm currently with and it was more lol (£867)

I feel like I'm a 19 year old boy racer again haha. I will shop around I've got just over a week. I spoke to a guy from A-Plan earlier who has a page on here. He took my details and said would call me back but never did so I'm assuming he couldn't beat my original flux quote.

This might be a sign that I should perhaps sell the bus on if it's going to be this much. My splitscreen is only £180 a year. I know it's on a classic policy but it is a factory westfalia camper that doesn't have a cooker,sink, etc so the criteria for my T5 insurance going up so massively doesn't really make sense to me. Like I said before at this rate I may as well get a smev 9222 and a fitting kit on the credit card and get a re quote.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts