VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had a few issues using my ross tech finaly after 2 days traced the kline to under the driver seat module wherw a cable was nicked...
But now just says my can is not ready and cant communicate?? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If yours is an early van it won't have a full CAN system. It has some internal communication (I think the windows have the more basic LIN BUS communication between themselves for instance) but I don't think you can expect VCDS to communicate with a CAN gateway as you would with a later van. The dash, engine and ABS communicate with each other via CAN but as far as I know there is no CAN connection to the diagnostic connector. You can still get CAN faults coming up in individual controllers where they will refer to communication with another controller.

I'm certainly no expert on CAN systems though so this is just what I've read. You don't say what year your van is but I'm talking about '03 - maybe to '05, possibly '06.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its 09 so has can just after the remap or the recon engine i cant get onto it

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If it's a genuine cable you could ask Ross Tech, their support is very good. Make sure you don't have any blown fuses.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah ive done my own cable and hacked the software so wont be able to post any findings

1 - 5 of 5 Posts