VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a lwb t4 that i reversed into things a couple oftimes, then a swb t4 which i didnt hit anything with

Now off to see a lwb t5 on sat- they look awfully long?

how much longer are they and do you reckon I will crash ino things- no side or rear wndows!!!:eek:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I think they are about 18" longer. Parking sensors may be required. T:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Take your tape measure. Measure the distance from the sliding door to the rear arch. That's how much longer they are.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have a SWB with windows..... I attempted 3 spaces in Marlborough High st. the other day - very much like top gear - I could feel peoples eyes on me!!

I fitted a parking sensor like this one http://www.amazon.com/VR3-BUMPER-PARKING-SAFETY-SENSOR/dp/B000Z0AZR8 Makes life easy and no cosmetic evidence of it as it is a strip of foil that sticks to the inside of the bumper. Might fit one on the front yet!

I would prefer a LWB for about 10 occasions of the year, but for the rest of the year SWB is a bit easier to live with. Bout 40cm easier...

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Maybe worth not colour coding the bumpers for a while I:

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
The LWB is exactly 400mm longer. They are a tricky to manouvre becasue the length is all between the wheels. I need rear sensors on mine ASAP, I also need them on the sides because the rear axle cuts corners

·
Registered
476 Posts
Had rear sensors fitted to mine and it was money well spent, although I do drive a lorry which is considerably longer I don't have to park it in tescos and the sensors really do help alot :cool:

·
Registered
585 Posts
i use my rear view camera and parking sensors, in normal sized parking bays i hang over in to the 2nd bay by about 2 feet so tend to park out the way of everyone else if possible, also lowers the chance of someone banging their door in to van grrrrrr

·
Registered
606 Posts
Parking sensors were low on my list when I got the van until after a week of ownership I reversed it into the garage door.
They then became my first modification !

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've never had parking sensors before, but they came specc'd on my van. Together with cruise (again, a first for me), invaluable! My van came with a fancy colour screened DVD satnat thing and a cool graphic pops up on the screen to tell me how close I am.

You can probably tell, until this van I've always had very old cars!

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I've got a reversing camera fitted to the tow bar. I was going to stick a snap on here but I'm embarrased by the rust on the towbar and the staining on the bumber.:eek: Spot reversing cameras great. 5" screen. Cheers, Tony.

·
Registered
255 Posts
pet hate of mine supermarket parking type place's gotta hold my hand up im the guy who parks in the middle of two parking space's I:I:I: i do park well out the way aswel

1 - 18 of 18 Posts