VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,im thinking of getting a t4 van,to use as a daily to & from work,& a weekend surfbus bus,no camper stuff,no use to aircooled stuff owning a beetle ,baycamper & a squareback variant,my daily at the mo im selling is subaru impreza sti turbo to buy the t4 van

how many folk use them as dailys,i am looking at a 97/98 model 1.9...
any help/views welcome

thanks

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
I use mine every day for work camping and just joyriding around. Mines a tweaked 1.9TD with an uprated injector pump, intercooler, and increased boost and it pulls like a train but still returns a healthy 40mpg. In short; do it you wont regret it!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive got the t4 bug bad @ the mo...we have a thing for weekend camping in anglesey & impreza rear isnt so comfy to kip in ..lol, im just woried that im going to miss 270bhp:D

is there ant mods i can do to improve performance ie,different turbo,injectors so on?
also what mpg can i expect urban & the mway? cheers

the scoob is returning 20 round town:cool:

·
Registered
773 Posts
i use mine every day for work and own use. if you want more power go for a 2.5 tdi 102 bhp they can easily be tweeked up to 150 -60 bhp T:

·
Registered
392 Posts
the scoob is returning 20 round town:cool:
Cant see that somehow i had a plain old scooby 2.0 gl impreza and that would do only 20mpg max anytime friend had a slightly modded one that did about 12mpg fuel consumption is not a subaru strong point by any means thats why it got sold and you wont be sorry see the back of the truely awfull interior of an impreza,
T4 makes a great daily just make sure you get a 2.5tdi 102bhp and youll be laughing mine does 40+mpg wouldnt sell my t4 its now part of the family T:

"Dont even bother looking at a 97/98 model 1.9, After jumping out of a subaru with nearly 300bhp youd be better off walking"

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheers guys,i will try n buy the buy i can afford..maim things i want,swb,with factory middle side glass,need rear seat for my likkle girl,would like a tailgate but think you can convert them cant you?...could come laters

·
Registered
362 Posts
i use my 2.5 td 102 model everyday, to and from work, weekends casrting the famiy and holidays cos its a camper, as long as its not a high top muti stories are not realy a problem most give me about 40mm clearance to get in (passengers tend to duck) plus i get 170 miles to £20 running country lanes definatly try to get the 2.5 i had a 2.4 a few years ago and it was no match espesialy since ive done the decat

·
Registered
865 Posts
mate it sounds like you need an exaa,
they have side windows, double seat in the back with 3 point seat belts, and has the most powerfull engine, and as somebody said earlier, it can easily produce 150-160bhp!:ILU:

·
Registered
353 Posts
i use mine every day as its the only vehicle i have, its alot of fun to drive around obviously not as a quick as a scooby!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cheers guys,i need to do some work here,on engine specs,i did nt know there even was a 2.4...can anyone just give me a quick run down of what is out there...the aa van is defo perfect but they do comand the biggest price,

do you know if its possible to fit factory look side glass to panel vans?
again thanks peeps

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
ive got a 54 plate golf mk5 2.0 gt tdi 170 bhp and a 1.9 td t4 day van and guess which one i use from day to day is the van much more fun the 1.9 td is great easy to tune and more reliable and robust than the 2.5tdi also easyer to service and repair if you ever need to cause the 1.9td is all basic ie no ecu so its all mechanical as the 2.5 is all electrical depends on your budget their both great and your going to love it T:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts