VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a bit on this but always enjoy and appreciate the forums input.

These are sitting in my loft, getting dusty and being wasted.
I bought them back in my uni days, im afraid to say off the back of a lorry but thats what you do when you are skint (hold on, I am skint now, no change there then)

I want to dissassemble both of them and run them in one long line (parallel if possible, lack of knowledge there) in a custom box build behind cab seats. Obviously they will have to be well sealed etc.

At present I only have a sony head unit with 4x40 output but I am planning to run these off an amp with some extra 6X9's in the back.

here are the speakers and outputs, can I do this
Advice is great as always people.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
You can but remember that the volume of the box is critical to the sound quality. If you can keep the volume identical and put a baffle in between left and right then you are in with a chance.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I believe those speakers are fake. There was a scam some years ago of blokes in a white van selling pro-studio monitors (I bought a pair through a friend as I was setting up a recording studio). Turned out to be gash quality pieces of sh*t that sound like very weak poo.
:bhd

http://ja-jp.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2495927579

http://globalaudio.20megsfree.com/index.html
Yes mate they are the ones, hot to trot. not bothered though as the sound quality on these is the ripper, for the money and lasting for 10 years and after some serious parties I reckon Ive done alright with them.

When your young, naive and see opportunity, you take it by the nuts......................Im just old and doing it now

it wont matter chopping the buggers up then?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can but remember that the volume of the box is critical to the sound quality. If you can keep the volume identical and put a baffle in between left and right then you are in with a chance.
Cheers upspex. Think Ill keep the original casings and cut through them at an angle (after removing speakers) Ill just cap them off after.

Im just trying to recharge an old leisure battery given to me from a mate, if it fails ill be giving you a shout for a battery, then that electrical hook up we discussed a bit ago.

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts