VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have been reading and reading and reading there are so many variables with regards to insulating can someone please make a shopping list of the basics (i.e. how much foil bubble wrap you need, as it's not cheap)

I was going to -
*Flash band tape
*Foil bubble wrap
*Celotex
*Ply line and carpet

How much of each do I need? and is there anything else?

Thank you,

Lewis

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
dont forget silver tape for the edges of the celotex if your usung that stops the squeaks or you could use recycled plastic insulation or lambs wool,the next t5 im gona do for a mate il prob use plastic insulation saves time in cutting the celotex to shape and taping the edges ,you'l need longer headling fixings from megavanmats or autobeds if yor gona capet the headling.now get ya shopping trolley and go buy the stuff T:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi
Some people recon flash band could give off a bitumin oder or worse could become gooey in the sun and come 'un-stuck' I would like to hear from folk who have done the flash band method to see if all of that is true as I wanna soundproof my van and Demi mat is sooooooooo expensive, :confused:

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Wouldnt personally use flashband, automotive soundproofing or similar would be preferable ie dynamat second skin damplifier.

Also celotex is quite tricky to install well in a T5, B and Q plastic insulation is adequate and far easier to install, and should never squeak....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts