VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for 2 hinges that go where the seatbels come threw the middle of the bed , you know where headrests should be ? anyone know where i can source some ? i havnt got an amazing R&R bed but have noticed the hinges are on the week side , would like to change them , obviously has to leave enough of a gap for the seat belts to move freely between the 2 sections
any help on this ?
taa
kieran

·
Registered
784 Posts
the hinges on mine are just a standard butt hinge nothing special or you can get piano hinge to go full width of the bed:)

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers guys . the one i have is like a cannons forge one and yes its the hinges that would be like a normal hinge , sounds like yours Lance, not like the ones youve linked Neal but thanks anyway T: . the ones on my bed have a pin threw them that is about 4mm thick and wouldnt stand the slightest bump and as this is where the seatbelts hoop over i can see this been a problem !
duno what to do now , dont want to scrap the bed and get another .
this never crossed my mind till the other day , looked at it and kinda went ooooooooo pooooooop not good !
wonder if i can change them for something from screwfix or the like ? off i go to have a look
kieran

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Sell it someone who doesn't carry passengers ?

There are plenty people who want a seat/bed but travel as a couple and don't need a safe seat for rear passengers.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sell it someone who doesn't carry passengers ?

There are plenty people who want a seat/bed but travel as a couple and don't need a safe seat for rear passengers.
thats what my thoughts are T: . its a great bed , but just not good enough for my 2 boys . thinking of cannons forge , look sturdy enough to me . will have a search on here for the usual pics ect . thats my laptop and shocks on the back burner for a while lol . it'll be a nice cheep bed for someone . cheers mate
kieran

1 - 10 of 10 Posts