VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Please have a look at the photo below where you will see that I have indicated with an arrow a broken exhaust mount. Believe it or not I cannot find that mount anywhere on the web or find the part number for it! It is actually the lower mounting bracket for the exhaust manifold down pipe - the pipe that is rarely replaced.

I have searched far and wide and have even done an image search for it but cannot find anything at all. When you buy a complete exhaust it is not changed as it is before the bolt on connector so no one seems to list it. Can someone please tell me where I can buy it from or let me have the part number so I can do further searches?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The only help I can offer is from experience is sometimes on etka stuff isn't where you think it would be ie rear ARB mount is listed under the body section, T3 whistle stops also the same:*

Might be telling you to suck eggs but have a look in the body/chassis sections you haven't already on etka/ethos.T:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Is the photo you have provided, one you have taken of your van?

In the photo, it shows a complete mount. They do not secure the exhaust, they simply provide a contact spot for it.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the photo you have provided, one you have taken of your van?

In the photo, it shows a complete mount. They do not secure the exhaust, they simply provide a contact spot for it.
Ah ha sneaky old Hun, I never thought of that for one second! I thought a piece had broken off that connected the pipe to the body. Many thanks for the helpT:

Thanks also to Elevis Don't Surf. I hate to ask a stupid question but what is etka/ethos?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Its the vag parts catalogue/programme the main dealer uses. Like vagcat but not as dog poo:D

Used to be able to find it on ebay before vw got funny about piracy. Can still get it now tacked onto the end of workshop manual DVDs if you read the small print in the ads carefullyI::DT:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its the vag parts catalogue/programme the main dealer uses. Like vagcat but not as dog poo:D

Used to be able to find it on ebay before vw got funny about piracy. Can still get it now tacked onto the end of workshop manual DVDs if you read the small print in the ads carefullyI::DT:
Love it lol! Will have to be much more observant in future T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts