VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just double checking as i'm getting mixed messages of the net and wondered if anyone knew 100%

Van is about 2 miles away and i need to get it home. A friend has a towing bar and has offered to tow it back for me.

any clues peeps :*

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
i found this info mate...

'If you are towing, by rope or solid tow bar, the driver of the towed vehicle is technically driving as he has control over the speed and direction (the definition of driving) and as such will require driving licence, insurance and mot.

Alternatively you can use a towing dolly, one of those ones that takes care of the steering. That way the towed vehicle becomes a trailer and does not require documentation.'

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
i found this info mate...

'If you are towing, by rope or solid tow bar, the driver of the towed vehicle is technically driving as he has control over the speed and direction (the definition of driving) and as such will require driving licence, insurance and mot.

Alternatively you can use a towing dolly, one of those ones that takes care of the steering. That way the towed vehicle becomes a trailer and does not require documentation.'
I second that T:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Also , be aware that if the towed vehicle exceeds 750 kg then it has to be towed with an a frame , towing dolly that has brakes . Ade

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.