VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went away for the first time last weekend in the T5 and found the R&R bed very hard and uncomfortable,had the memory foam option but it felt like sleeping on the floor,has anybody else found this or is it my old body:)(the second night we stayed at my sisters to get a good sleep):eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi got my bed from canons but sourced the foam locally went for 2" normal foam and 2" memory foam mega comfy while sleeping away for a week in newquay :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have almost the opposite! I have the same RnR Bed, but just the standard foam, and although it's very comfy to sleep on, it's so soft, that when sitting on it for a time, you get a numb backside, as it almost bottoms out.

I may try and get a 2" or so of memory foam to add on instead.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
There are many grades of foam, but basically most blue foam is really firm. It wont squash when sitting on, but as a bed its like sleeping on a concrete floor with a carrymat on it.
The yellow foam is soft and is OK to sleep on, but rubbish as a seat as you bottom out very quickly even if its 4" thick.
I have found a brilliant compromise is 2 inch blue foam with 2 inch memory foam glued on top. Really good for sitting and sleeping.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There are many grades of foam, but basically most blue foam is really firm. It wont squash when sitting on, but as a bed its like sleeping on a concrete floor with a carrymat on it.
The yellow foam is soft and is OK to sleep on, but rubbish as a seat as you bottom out very quickly even if its 4" thick.
I have found a brilliant compromise is 2 inch blue foam with 2 inch memory foam glued on top. Really good for sitting and sleeping.
That makes sense. :)

Where can you get memory foam from, and how easy is it to cut the foam neatly down the middle (as you would a loaf of bread)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts