VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can anyone help. I cannot find TDC on my acv 2.5 tdi 102 t4 engine. Can't see anything in the window of the gearbox on the flywheel. I am within a few teeth but need to be exact. Done the wire down the injector hole but still not sure. Is ythe anything that lines up at the pulley end?
Ta

·
Registered
97 Posts
look into the hole in the bell housing from the front of the van, when seen from above you can see the gear teeth on the left and then the bare metal of the edge of the wheel on the right. the cut out in the wheel you are looking for is to the left of the gear teeth hidden by the edge of the hole. so you have to get down to the right of the cylinder head and look back left to see it

There is no mark on the crank pulley end, but once aligned, I made some so that I wouldn't have to keep getting up from under the van when doing the cambelt setting

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
My ACV engines tdc mark was as described above, spent ages looking for it, looking from front of van, its on the left of the ringgear teeth.
Mine was a tiny little line, you have to get right down into it looking into the hole from an angle.....which then blocks all your light out ! :* A head torch comes in handy !

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Undo the M6 nut and move the wiring harness from your line of view and shine a good torch in there,the gearbox for the 102bhp isnt kind when finding the timing mark,the mark comes round so tight beneath the pointer its hard to see. The mark is usually a V with a 0 behind it.I use a fibre optic camera to find the mark but only with this gearbox,they are a pain in the anuss:(
Try your camera phone down there on zoom to see if it helps. If you have the cam cover of then no.1 cyl cam lobes will be up as the marks coming round :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
On my van as I try to figure out the timing of the injector pump since the belt broke, I see a view hole from underneath the van. And with the engine at TDC, I think I can see a centrepunch hole marking on the flywheel. I stress THINK. Also according to another post, the lug in the centre of the antivibration pulley will be pointing towards the back of the van. Hope this helps.
Anyone any idea how to align the injector pulley before putting on the belt.
J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts