VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL:...right...i am really struggling to pull the cannons forge r & r bed, when pulling it back into the seat position??...spoke to few of the guys on the weekend..and all seem to struggle with it, rhinochaser put a strap on his to pull up...but he said it doesnt help??..

naturally as i havent the strength like most of the guys...am really, really struggling...i almost give up..

any suggestions??

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Its OK....I will do it while ya cook me breakfast LOL:

They are a bit of a begger....I put one in a friends van and had to put my hand in between boards 2 & 3 to try & lift it while pushing the front backwads :confused:

If its any consolation.....my blubird one is just a feckin awkward and sits there ready to take ya fingers off when ya least expect it :*

Hope ya find a solution m8 T:

Chris :ILU:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its OK....I will do it while ya cook me breakfast LOL:
thats the problem,.... cant cook breakfast while the damn thing is in the :* bed position..

lets get a few suggestions going...must be someone out there that has some ideas :ILU:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Perhaps the brackets bolts are done up too tight?

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
thats the problem,.... cant cook breakfast while the damn thing is in the :* bed position..
Breakfast is over rated anyway I::D

Anyway......back to the task in hand LOL:

Bed time b4 I get in trouble again I:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had the same challenge but adding a 2 foot length of inch wide webbing, knotted and tucked between the frame and one board at the join of "boards 2 & 3", makes it a pretty simple task. You just grab the strap from under the mattress foam, where it lies out of the way, give it a pull upwards while shoving the front of the bed backwards with your knees. Once it's moving it gets easier till it clicks into sofa mode.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the same challenge but adding a 2 foot length of inch wide webbing, knotted and tucked between the frame and one board at the join of "boards 2 & 3", makes it a pretty simple task. You just grab the strap from under the mattress foam, where it lies out of the way, give it a pull upwards while shoving the front of the bed backwards with your knees. Once it's moving it gets easier till it clicks into sofa mode.

Did you tie this in the middle...or at one end??

cheers

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
i have the same problem with mine,my bolts are pretty loose,i get away with it as i have no units in yet so one person can go round the side while one humphs it from the front,i certainly couldnt do it on my own takes a bit of effort

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have the same problem with mine,my bolts are pretty loose,i get away with it as i have no units in yet so one person can go round the side while one humphs it from the front,i certainly couldnt do it on my own takes a bit of effort
wait ill you get units in it...honest...it is so damn difficult.. there gotta be an easier way???

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
I put mine up in the following way:
1. Put right hand at the back of the 2nd board, just in front of the hinge point.
2. Put left hand on the front edge.
3. At the same time, pull with right hand (upwards) & push backwards with left hand.

The bolts on mine were a little tight, but I loosened them up a little & put copper grease on the runners. It moves a treat now!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put mine up in the following way:
1. Put right hand at the back of the 2nd board, just in front of the hinge point.
2. Put left hand on the front edge.
3. At the same time, pull with right hand (upwards) & push backwards with left hand.

The bolts on mine were a little tight, but I loosened them up a little & put copper grease on the runners. It moves a treat now!
I tried this, and every way..it doesnt budge... there is ton of grease on all parts underneath..in fact, i am sick of the stuff..!!..its a pain to get outta ur clothes!!..cannons forge plasters them in red grease!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
KittenKat - we have the same 'problem' with ours. Got it back a couple of weeks ago and Mrs Mog really struggles. We were at a bike race on the weekend and while I was out she put down and packed away a 4-man tent, walked the dog, fed the baby and packed the van away ... but couldn't get the bed back in position. Got back to the van and was greeted with a steely stare and 2 handfuls of red grease!!
It's not going wellLOL:

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Just a daft question, is your floor flat?
If the bed is hard on the floor, then it will be difficult to raise, as the front two legs will be dragging on the floor.
Try to lft the front of the bed as you push it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
KittenKat - we have the same 'problem' with ours. Got it back a couple of weeks ago and Mrs Mog really struggles. We were at a bike race on the weekend and while I was out she put down and packed away a 4-man tent, walked the dog, fed the baby and packed the van away ... but couldn't get the bed back in position. Got back to the van and was greeted with a steely stare and 2 handfuls of red grease!!
It's not going wellLOL:
Gee..what a nightmare!!!...I just cannot believe how difficult it is... am gonna try some webbing or straps, as suggested as soon as i get a minute, will let you know if they help??...wish me luck

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just a daft question, is your floor flat?
If the bed is hard on the floor, then it will be difficult to raise, as the front two legs will be dragging on the floor.
Try to lft the front of the bed as you push it.
Yeah, have tried this too :( the front legs are fine, not draggin, and are free to move back??

1 - 20 of 36 Posts