VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Car battery makes, recommended and ones to avoid

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Pac-Man 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a new battery for my T5, I've recently (2/3 years ago) fitted a couple of Yuasa battery's I brought from Halfords as i was told they are good and they did the unusual sizes I needed for a ride on mower and caravan. I've also got 1st hand experience with a Bosch battery that's been on my mums Peugeot 306 for 11 years now and still going strong, she'd not been out for a few weeks during lock down and it still started 1st time. I've rung a couple of motor factors i use and been told Bosch battery's are not that good anymore as they relocated there manufacturing to China about 5 years ago and their battery's and wipers are now much poorer quality. I can vouch for the Bosch wipers not lasting as I replaced mine after only 2 years and I don't do that many miles now, incidentally the Michelin ones i'm using have lasted 4 and are just starting to let go at the ends.
Going back to battery's can anyone shed some light on the Bosch story or recommend a good battery make. Thanks

#2 ·
Can't help you with Bosch but I bought a Yuasa 110 for our T5 from GSF a month ago, about 74 quid delivered, also can't help you with how good it is as it started the van when I fitted it & it's sat there ever since. GSF were the cheapest by far for a recognisable make.

#8 ·
The Varta I had in my Caravelle was 12 when it finally got unreliable. It didn’t fail even then, just needed charging now and then. Good battery! After my debacle with Yuasa replacements, I can’t help wishing I had bought a Varta. Be interesting to see how long my cheap one lasts..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.