VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this site and looking for a bit of advice.

We have a vw transporter t5 which I am looking to buy a child's car seat for. It's for the front bench seats for my 4 year old. We have gone to our local dealership who could not advise and latterly mothercare who tested out a number of seats which they would not sell as they said they did not fit.

Any recommendation on what other fellow transporters owners use.

Thanks in advance

ali

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Have you tried Halfords? We're currently looking at the next stage seat for our little one and have found this one:

http://www.halfords.com/kids-zone/car-seats/child-car-seats/graco-logico-l-sport-high-back-booster-seat-pink

They do come in other colours in case you've got a boy rather than a girl! The seat gets good reviews and will fit the outer part of the bench. You wouldn't be able to use it in the middle seat if yours has only got a lap belt, but you should be ok on the outer one. I notice on another thread, you've asked about Isofix fittings. I'm not aware of any kits that you can retrofit that would enable you to use an Isofix seat and most of the ones we looked at that did have Isofix only use the fittings to hold the seat in place rather than it being used as the secure fitting that seats for younger children have. I hope that makes sense! Did Mothercare say why the seats they tried weren't fitting properly? It's certainly a minefield choosing a seat, isn't it?!

Welcome to the forum by the way T:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Various forward facing maxi Cosi seats with stabilising legs worked in the front, but latterly an uber safe and too expensive Augmented booster that works with normal seat belts works just fine for the 4 year old. I'll dig out the name when I have a mo, but the point is that if your 4 year old is heavy enough, just about any booster (with additional side and head protection) should fit easily enough

1 - 3 of 3 Posts