VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fatherin laws got to stop driving so has asked me to sell his car.
So googles all the usual sites but they vary massively so how do I come up with a good price?
I suppose Auto traders the best place to sell it?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Fatherin laws got to stop driving so has asked me to sell his car.
So googles all the usual sites but they vary massively so how do I come up with a good price?
I suppose Auto traders the best place to sell it?
Pistonheads is excellent alternative, you can put a very detailed ad with plenty of pics.. have sold several on there over the years

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
post the details on here,and im sure someone will be able to guestimate T:
I wondered that but woulnt it be removed as advertising and in the wrong section?
I looked at we by any car and what they offered so that has given me some idea, but to be honest with 22000 miles on it its too good to give to a dealer.
Have we a section I could put it in on here?

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
I had to change company car a few weeks ago. I got 20 grand to spend and find a new, or under 10,000 miler.
I was asked to go and sort a deal, so, although we wanted to buy/px we were given £2k more than we expected, against a 58 plate 55000mile Golf estate.
So maybe dealer not that bad :* The guys we did our deal with said they actually had trouble sourcing really good s/h stock right now.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
hi mate

did a search for ya , but as you didnt say what spec it was Ill have a worst and best case for you

1.2 3door base spec £1,970

1.6 sport hi spec £1,970

1.4 active luxury £3115

1.5 diesel s model £2700

so you are right there is a big difference give me more details as there are shed loads of micra editions

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks
Its a Micra 1.2 E 5 door, 22000 miles tax till Jan and mot till march
couple of parking scratches but its full service history, he has only used it for shopping and he used to take our kids to school.
I just cant understand the difference, I have seen the same car for £1700 and 3999 both at dealers but more miles?
We buy any car offered £2050 so I guessed its worth £2500-£2700?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Thanks
Its a Micra 1.2 E 5 door, 22000 miles tax till Jan and mot till march
couple of parking scratches but its full service history, he has only used it for shopping and he used to take our kids to school.
I just cant understand the difference, I have seen the same car for £1700 and 3999 both at dealers but more miles?
We buy any car offered £2050 so I guessed its worth £2500-£2700?
the "E" is the base spec and the 5 door version is worth £2,245 if you sold it privately , if you part ex it £1,990, those prices are for a car with 60k miles so you could add a lil bit more due to your low milage, to be honest Id be temped to take WBAC up on their offer, there are shed loads of these cars ( mostly ex-mobility) sitting about not selling, and you would be lucky to sell yours privately tbh ...

gavin

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the "E" is the base spec, there are shed loads of these cars ( mostly ex-mobility) sitting about not selling, and you would be lucky to sell yours privately tbh ...

gavin
Thanks Gavin, thats my thoughts too. I have called afew in the Auto trader and they are still for sale.
I will valet it tomorrow and give it a go on line etc, the challenge is on LOL

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all your help
I took a punt and advertised it for £2900 as its only done 22000 miles and is a very nice car and would be like new apart from a few trolly dents, even the oils clean. I thought leave it for a few days and reduce it if need be
Phone rang after 30 mins and got offered £2200, next call coulnt decide! Got a third call came to view and sold at the asking price so I am shocked!, still getting Emails, so whats the lesson here ? I still cant put a value on a car its all down to what people will pay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts