VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. In a move we are now regretting we took out the front passenger seat in our 2010 SWB Caravelle to create some extra space for a camping trip (family of six). This part was pretty easy - four bolts and two plugs under the seat to undo. However on starting the car the MFD says Airbag Fault! and the airbag warning light comes on the dash. No worries, I though, I will just put the seat back. Bolts and wires back in, but the fault and warning light still come on at start-up. (the "Passenger Airbag Off" light is NOT illuminated).

I bought one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001A33HAG in the hope it would help me - it plugged in to the dash and powered up, but halfway through talking to the computer it says Link Error! so I'm guess it's not compatible with vans :(

So other than 'oh yes, you didn't want to do that' - does anyone know the easiest/cheapest thing to do here? Also, is there any way to tell if the airbag system is actually on??

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - reading a bit more I think my device should be working. If I can't get it to I think it will have to be a main dealer job unless someone can recommend a device that does work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.