VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share my experience with 20" Range Rover Sport V-spoke on my new Caravelle.
Picked up for £390 off a nice chap over from the RRSPORT forum. Gave me a tenner off for the nail we found in the tyre on collection - repaired by the garage next door for a tenner so all good! Nice round £400 bargin T:.
Included two new tyres 275 45 profile & two half worn P-Zeros's with 275 40 profile. All load rated for T30 - happy days.

Bought set of x4 10mm Spacers from Andibitz (nice guy - also cant miss him on eBay)
Very good quality - next day delivery.
Also got the extra long bolts and VW centre caps.
Didn't like the idea of plastic rings and felt the spacers would give better stance and help rubbing on full lock etc..

This is what it looked like when I bought it from MattR (Also an extremely nice guy)

Got the rears on to find that the 10mm spacers were too much for the caravelle door cards as I suspected. 1mm to touching as the door opened. Very nervous moment as they are electric sliders and no way of stopping them once you start opening them.

Sent two 10mm unused spacers back in exchange for 5mm version. Andy (Andibitz) gave me an excellent service.
Problem solved.

Then after lowering the van back off the jack I noticed this:

Didn't need to drive it to know that wasn't going to work. Caused by the 45 profile with full tread on.
Problem solved by swapping the fatter tyres for the skinnier tyres.
Wish I could afford to get 40 profile all round. One day!

The result: (40 on the front still at this point)

Adobe_PS Motorsport Air-ride installed LOL::
Thought I would photoshop it as I need to lower it!

While I was there I thought I would see what 22"-23" Range Rover Sport would look like :D

Thought I would use for my avatar ;)

The ride is less boat like than the standard Velle 17" alloys. (17" Ronals with x4 virtually new tyres up for sale soon once I pay the tenner and advertise them I:)
I'm really happy with them just need to save up and decide between Gaz or B14?
Or I could sell a kidney and get a real air ride!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rich, a quality job- great that the van went to such a good home, now get the lowering stick out!!
Hey Matt, still got plans for banded steels but these will have to do for now. Got to start stashing the secret coil over fund for sure. ;)
I went for the personilsed plate over the skydive for my 30th in the end. Treated it to some pressed plates. T:
How's the Kombi LWB search going?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Rich, who needs a skydive anyway!!!! The kombi search is a nightmare, only one I can find is 29k before tax so it is staying where it is. I thought I found one last week but it turned out to be an input error by VW and it was a SWB. So the search goes on :(.
Apparently I am driving my family mad as I am a grumpy git without a van.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.