VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Air con works fine for front & roof vents via switches dials etc, T:
but i'm not sure if it is supposed to work on the floor vent behind driver seat this vent throws out heat ???? :confused:
the dials/switches for this is @ side door ? there are three & i am supposing.... one is for floor vent, one is for roof vent I:

any help appreciated .

:cool:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine's doing exactly the same pal: I think the two sets of controls in the back are for the first and second row of vents independantly so those sitting in the middle row or rear can have air con on if they want or not. Like you though mine are blowing cold through the roof vents but heat is coming out of the floor blower in the back, be good to get an answer on this :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don,t have air con in the rear only the front. Mine works by pressing the button on the dash with the rear blower van symbol. This starts the rear blower and floor blower. I have three dials in door pillar next to sliding door. The top one controls the roof vent speed the roof vents only supply cold air from outside. The middle dial is temp for the floor vent and the bottom dial is floor vent speed. The floor vent supplies hot or cold recurcualted air from inside the van. I believe it recurcualted from the vent in the sliding door step.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
mine blows hot as well
but i only have controls in the front

the rear controls are temp and fan
they sit above the front heater controls and look factory....

I have aircon too..

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
This is because the rear floor vent is for the rear heater. The tear heater and air con unit are in two different places.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mine does exactly the same and it would be very mice indeed if it could be switched off or blow cold air like the rest of the unit..........who has the answer to thisperplexing Velle issue? I asked this question only a few weeks ago and had very few reposnses, none of whom actually provided a solution other than to say thats "normal" and nothing is wrong. Surely it can't be right that the floor vent blows out very hot air while you are trying to cool the van with the aircon?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for photos of manual, btw which manual is this ?

ok on the dash i have 3 buttons, left to right are : icon for van rear, AC, icon for recirculating air.
on sliding door pillar i got the 3 dials
all settings on dash & slider dials to cold
roof vents open & blow cold,
dash vents open & blow cold

floor vent blows hot, not warm, not cold, but HOT!! :eek:

I:

& Condor i can switch my floor vent off.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
& Condor i can switch my floor vent off.
Like i said, the blower assembly under the floor only has a heater matrix from the engine cooling circuit installed with it. You can follow the pipes under the van from the engine to the unit. It will only ever blow hot when it is on.

If you can switch it off, it is working fine.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Like i said, the blower assembly under the floor only has a heater matrix from the engine cooling circuit installed with it. You can follow the pipes under the van from the engine to the unit. It will only ever blow hot when it is on.

If you can switch it off, it is working fine.
I'm intrigued now, please do tell where I can switch it off. :confused:

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
I'm intrigued now, please do tell where I can switch it off. :confused:
Do you have climate control (digital displays) or manual air con, if manual the control for the heater blower is a smaller knob above your heater temperature control on the dash. The heater temperature is controlled by the same knob that controls your cab temp.

If climate control then you will have a separate digital controller on the "B" piller just inside the sliding door, that controls the fan speed and temperature.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
mine is manual no digital stuff,
& as the man said you control the floor vent blower by knob on sliding door pillar mine has off position so not blowing the hot air, & thanks for confirmng you cannot get any cold air from the floor vent....... thats all i was concerned about thought it was fubar'd

Ps i can get regular coldish air from temp dial on dash for all vents not using Air Con except to the floor vent which even when set to cold it is hot

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ps i can get regular coldish air from temp dial on dash for all vents not using Air Con except to the floor vent which even when set to cold it is hot
Yep, damn annoying it is too - somtimes the cold air flow via the roof ones isn't enough for everyone in the back & would've been good to get a bit more from the floor one. But no, it's hot through to hot like hell outta that one.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
so I appreciate what has been said..
so why do i have a dial to alter the temperature in the rear of the van if it does nothing , or is it the fact i have no roof vents??
and no rear controls, but then why put it there???

·
Registered
240 Posts
Do you have climate control (digital displays) or manual air con, if manual the control for the heater blower is a smaller knob above your heater temperature control on the dash. The heater temperature is controlled by the same knob that controls your cab temp.

If climate control then you will have a separate digital controller on the "B" piller just inside the sliding door, that controls the fan speed and temperature.
Thanks - mine has manual dials. Will go and check where it is.......if it s there! I have the door pillar controls as well and the roof vents, door pillar also the manual dials. Roof vents don't seem to blow very much, luckily I don't sit at the back :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
mine is manual no digital stuff,
& as the man said you control the floor vent blower by knob on sliding door pillar mine has off position so not blowing the hot air, & thanks for confirmng you cannot get any cold air from the floor vent....... thats all i was concerned about thought it was fubar'd

Is this dial on the door pillar or the dash? Reading these two posts I am confused again......:confused::confused:

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Thanks - mine has manual dials. Will go and check where it is.......if it s there! I have the door pillar controls as well and the roof vents, door pillar also the manual dials. Roof vents don't seem to blow very much, luckily I don't sit at the back :)
If it's not blowing very well, check the pollen filter in the rear blower housing, remove the filter and try it again, if you get a massive improvement (which you will) get yourself a new filter.T:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts