VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I know there are a few out there that have Velles and want to keep the seating arrangements but want to use their bus as a sleeper too.
It has taken me ages to finally put pics up of what I've done.....but STILL not finished!
I made the hinged plywood bed extension (as T4Chippy's)back in May and used it overnight. But I also wanted more space to store stuff as keeping my double centre seat in as a support for the hinged section took up valuable space as you can't get much under it. So I needed a unit as storage and also as cheap as I possibly could that would also act as a support. To make what you see hear, I used off cuts I had lying (taking up room in my garage) around and had to make it up ready for last weekend's trip up to North Wales to watch the WRC. The unit needs painting, the screw on legs are from IKEA and I have also had my mum's sewing machine out to make the curtains (not shown here) that press stud up across the windows and around the cab, rather than behind the seats.

Everything is a work in progress

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and the mattress is a sheet of foam off the bay stuffed inside a duvet cover!
Cheap as, although you probably can tell:*

·
Registered
779 Posts
Absolutely, which is why it's only fair I mentioned himT:
I was just taking the p155 bud:D, Chippy got the idea from my van, the guy that had it before me used the idea to allow him to carry timber in the back without removing the seats but it also makes a good bed platform.

Works well, been using it for years, few pics of mine fiited out similar to yours in my album

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know?.
Having looked in your album (hope you didn't mind?) I now remember seeing your set up in the past. Just out of interest, is the cab bunk one you made yourself,or purchased? I can get me and my two lads (8 & 10) on the bed provided we sleep feet toward the tailgate, bit of a squash as they get bigger.
I need to finish the wood off with some paint and stuff but I ran out of time!
We were warm as toast, although I did use a camping hook up lead an a cheap Argos fan heater

·
Registered
779 Posts
Home made, your welcome to take a template of it if it helps.

I'm a bit nervous of using fan heaters in the van, not ken on sleeping with anything that has a hot element, probably fine but I always imagine the worst scenario.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts