VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Ive got a Caravelle T5 Executive with 2 fixed chairs in the cab and 4 captain chairs in the back with a table. Just looking for anyone with any examples of ideas of how they create a temporary camper??

We're a family of 4 and bought it as a daily driver but want to be able to go travelling with camping and wild camping.

Looking at Tentbox for a roof tent for me and the man and then two kids in the van. Has anyone got one ?

Ive looked at removable pods. Id like a fridge and electricity. Some removable storage.

Ive googled like mad but could really just do with chatting with anyone with any experience!!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I fitted the Caravelle rails to my van along with a full-width Caravelle seat-bed & bed extension (in place of your single seats).
Still seats 3 people in the back with belts for people-carrying duties.
You could then go with either a pop-top extra sleeping births or a tent-pod if you don't want to lose the original Caravelle roof plastics etc.
Have a look at SlidePod kitchens that can be easily removed and used at the rear tailgate.
Or, have separate pods to fix to the Caravelle rails in the back. This is what I'm having built at the moment with a twin-burner hob and a flip-up table on the side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts