VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, this question must have been asked many times before but I cant find it on a search.

I have a caravelle which I presume is factory lowered as its much lower than my friends panel van and was wondering what the deal would be with lowering it some more.

It has 80mm gap between tyre and arch at present but I would like about a 50mm gap.

I've heard that some caravelle's are factory lowered by 50mm, in which case would I be ok to take this spring out and lower by 80mm? If I did this would I need new shocks?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I think he wants to lower it by 30mm rather than by 80. He was talking about the gap between the tyre and arch. Check what colour the springs are which might indicate what weight they are.. Some of the VW original ones are colour coded

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
not all caravelles were factory lowered ( it was an option) stock height springs have a white paint dash on them ,so check them out.

Sounds like yours is stock height.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i dont know how low mine was to start with but i bought some 40mm springs and dropped it 50mm on the front and it look like this...

sorry ithe only nearly side on photo i have..... if you have mudflaps on it doesnt take much to get them scraping so i think the poundage of the spring must be quite low..

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i dont know how low mine was to start with but i bought some 40mm springs and dropped it 50mm on the front and it look like this...

sorry ithe only nearly side on photo i have..... if you have mudflaps on it doesnt take much to get them scraping so i think the poundage of the spring must be quite low..

Thats sweet and useable. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts