VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a few pics of the bed extension board legs i will be offering.

They are designed to work so that with a board on top it negates the need for a staggered cut line to the front edge of the board. Also it will have a 4 inch mattress depth.

Final costings are to be announced but this thread is really to judge whether there is interest in the product, costs are tight as the fixing hardware are genuine VW items and eat a huge part of the production cost.

Operation is simple push cam into rail turn oval plate 90 degrees and tighten black screw head.

There will be two grey plastic guides on the full production model.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
alright mate - if they are similar in price or better still cheaper than the ebay.de ones then I'm in!

what about the board, do we just construct one ourselves or are you considering a package deal?

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright mate - if they are similar in price or better still cheaper than the ebay.de ones then I'm in!

what about the board, do we just construct one ourselves or are you considering a package deal?

To be fair cost wise the only way i can justify doing this is as a package deal, two legs and a fixed board ( Carbon vohringher ply and T- trimmed) for £250

I'm looking at doing the same package with a hinged board , similar for £300

And a Covered mattress for £100

How does that sound??

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
sounds in the right ball park although i'd probably want mine matched to the rear seat so would get it trimmed locally. Have you made up a hinged boat as yet or is that the next step? Would like to see a pic if possible.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds in the right ball park although i'd probably want mine matched to the rear seat so would get it trimmed locally. Have you made up a hinged boat as yet or is that the next step? Would like to see a pic if possible.
Its on it's way, just working out the best way for a solid mechanism.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just a bump to say interested :)
Any ideas of postage costs at this early stage?
Cheers.

To be fair cost wise the only way i can justify doing this is as a package deal, two legs and a fixed board ( Carbon vohringher ply and T- trimmed) for £250

I'm looking at doing the same package with a hinged board , similar for £300

And a Covered mattress for £100

How does that sound??

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Any chance of this being available soon? Got a weekend trip planned for 8th-10th feb to Wales and could do with the rear section. Otherwise might have to bite the bullet and get a caravelle one!

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The fixed board is available to order now, 3-4 days lead time.

Postage costs for two legs and a fixed board would be £30

Will post up some pics as soon as it's all assembled.

Silly season has already kicked in down here so don't get much time to sit on the keyboard.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
The fixed board is available to order now, 3-4 days lead time.

Postage costs for two legs and a fixed board would be £30

Will post up some pics as soon as it's all assembled.

Silly season has already kicked in down here so don't get much time to sit on the keyboard.
PM sent dude!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, are you still making these? Looking out for a multiplex board and mattress for a caravelle conversion and was wondering if this could be a more cost effective solution than ordering from vw.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts