VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bring this up again, I know the caravelle seat rails have been discussed to death! I've had a look through the forum but I can't find a definitive answer to the information I'm looking for.

I've managed to get hold of a really nice full set of caravelle rear seats and floor rails for a bargain price. And now I need to sort out getting them fitted. I want to find out all the information I can before starting to make the installation as smooth as possible. I've looked in the T5 body builders guidelines and the section about fitting rear seats. It doesn't seem to mention the rail mounted seats, only the shuttle type with individual mounting points. It shows the strengthening plates which need to be fitted at those same points.

So my question is, does the floor need to use the same strenghening plates when fitting the caravelle rails? Does anyone have the part numbers and quantities of the brackets required?

I have read somewhere on here that the later rails have fewer bolt holes than the earlier ones. My van is a pre-facelift 2009 T30 panel van and I think the rails may be the later type as it doesn't look like they have many bolt holes. Will the Holes line up? And should I drill more holes in the rails to match the quantity and positions in the van floor?

Thanks in advance.

(Moved from wrong forum)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Colin at Oxfordt5 is your man and he can also do it in a day for you with the bonus of having a properly certified install for your insurance company, can't recommend him enough and many on this forum have travelled long distances for his work T:

Check out my thread here of the install he did for me

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=401479

·
Registered
235 Posts
Another vote for Colin, his expertise is worth the cost he will charge and you know it's done right.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Personally I'd pay to get them fitted, it's an absolute barsteward of a job and after fitting one I'd never do another T:
Get them professionally done as it'll add a little more value to the van when you decide to sell.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

I've decided not to fit the rails myself, I'm going to get it done by Dubtend. They're local to me and did a great job on the windows.

I've sent Colin a cheeky email hoping that he can give some advice and supply any further parts that I may need.

I've had a look at my rails and I have:
4x single rails. 3 of them have 12 square holes and 1 of them has 7 square holes (must be from a different set.
I also have 20x square headed bolts.

I've had a look on the parts catalogue and think that I need the following:

43(total)x WHT 002653 Square Head bolt M10x28
43x WHT 003219 Domed Cap Nut M10
?x 7H0 802 763 A reinforcement for seat mounting (for retrofitting) [the long one]
?x 7H0 802 369 bracket for seat mounting (for retrofitting) [the short one]
?x N90478601 pop rivet 4.8x11

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks guys.

I've decided not to fit the rails myself, I'm going to get it done by Dubtend. They're local to me and did a great job on the windows.

I've sent Colin a cheeky email hoping that he can give some advice and supply any further parts that I may need.

I've had a look at my rails and I have:
4x single rails. 3 of them have 12 square holes and 1 of them has 7 square holes (must be from a different set.
I also have 20x square headed bolts.

I've had a look on the parts catalogue and think that I need the following:

43(total)x WHT 002653 Square Head bolt M10x28
43x WHT 003219 Domed Cap Nut M10
?x 7H0 802 763 A reinforcement for seat mounting (for retrofitting) [the long one]
?x 7H0 802 369 bracket for seat mounting (for retrofitting) [the short one]
?x N90478601 pop rivet 4.8x11
Hi there,

Did anyone get back to you on how many brackets you needed, any info would be great?

Have a great weekend!

Thanks

Marcus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts