VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent a bit (a lot) of time today changing all the interior lights to LEDs (note to self: polarity is important! :p ), and they look great. the problem is the clips that hold the light units into the roof mount assembly; they're a bit sh!t! So I broke, well, most of them to be honest :(
Does anyone know what they're called \ part number \ where I can buy them from? Searching the tinterweb for them now, but no luck so far. I'm guessing VW will charge the earth for them which doesn't massively appeal, but it's starting to look like that's my only option :eek::eek:

On the up side, the LEDS are a very nice ~6000K bluey white, and strangely cause much less glare when they're on while I'm driving at night. win! thanks Travelinlite T:

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,759 Posts
I can't remember exactly what they're like but i doubt very much the clips are available as a separate part. :eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@strim that very much looks like the ones! Big thanks for the link. Fingers crossed I can order them as a separate part, otherwise it’s off to the breakers for a full light bar I reckon ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Marcuspd - thanks for the offer buddy, but I think I've got it sorted.
I've managed to get a bunch ordered from the VW Commercials dealer in Wakefield using the part number found in the link that Strim provided (7H0867200 for anyone looking in the future; they're £1.25 each).
Given the -achery of tracking these bad boys down I've ordered 30. Fingers crossed now they're the rights clips!
I pick them up tomorrow; I'll update once I've got them fitted (or not).

Big thanks to all the help so far T:T:

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Marcuspd - thanks for the offer buddy, but I think I've got it sorted.
I've managed to get a bunch ordered from the VW Commercials dealer in Wakefield using the part number found in the link that Strim provided (7H0867200 for anyone looking in the future; they're £1.25 each).
Given the -achery of tracking these bad boys down I've ordered 30. Fingers crossed now they're the rights clips!
I pick them up tomorrow; I'll update once I've got them fitted (or not).

Big thanks to all the help so far
Were these the correct clips? I'm in need of 4 for mine, damaged after replacing the bulbs for leds.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Argh! sorry for the lack of update. Yes these were the correct clips T:
Top tip for getting the light units out of the ceiling, it sounds mental, but several flappy bits of skin and much wiping down of blood spattered interior later, I've found a method that works every single time; claw hammer and a spirit level (and involves no physical pain!).

Use the spirit level as the brace on the ceiling (1m level worked a treat and left no compression marks at all on the headlining), get the claw hammer under the outer plastics of the light fitting and drop the whole thing out. There are compression fit plastic plugs that hold the fitting into the ceiling at both ends (about 3-4 inches in from the end), and a pair of clips in the centre. Get a friend\neighbour\child to support the weight of the unit as you pop it out to stop it dropping onto the wiring harness and potentially damaging connections though!

ShuttleBob, I realise it's been over a month, but if you're still in need of some clips, let me know and I'll send you some; I've got a bunch left T:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Might be worth investing in a set of plastic "jemmy" bars from fleabay, only trouble is knowing which one to use:*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts