VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help! does anyone know if i fit the rail system, do i have to raise the floor height, does the side door plastic sill and rear sill need changing?

please help!

thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi.

Had my rails fitted in Dec. Yes the floor height is higher. You could get a caravelle floor to go with the rails or use ply, we used ply as we wanted a very hard wearing floor. You could put a ply spacer under the original step and edge it with a bit of black plastic. We did this untill our caravelle step arrived. If u go for the caravelle floor I think it slopes to the back so u may not need a new finishing plate here although a transporter one is not as wide as a caravelle one. We just finished the ply flor with alu angle iron then carpeted the metalwork to make it look nice.

Hope this helps.

Paddy

·
Registered
89 Posts
IIRC the floor height has to be 31mm from the top of the knobbles on the van floor. I used 25mm celotex and 6mm ply but would have liked to use the original ply floor which is 12mm. I have since found 18mm celotex or very similar which we use at work for packing crates but I havn't track down the supplier yet.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Hi, previous replies were correct. With the caravelle floor rails you need to raise your floor and then you will need the deeper caravelle side step. It is possible to get the deeper tailgate floor trim for a tailgate model but not for the barn doors, From memory the 2 pieces you need for the tailgate trim come to around £60 in total from VW.
I can supply the proper Caravelle flooring which is insulated and carpeted and ready moulded for the floor rails. This is from a swb twin slider and in anthracite. I also have floor rails, triple seat/bed, captains seats and vw alloys and can offer a fitting service. Based in Oxfordshire. call me if i can help.:)
Colin 07799 626310

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Fitting the rails is £300, no vat.
Colin 07799 626310

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Yes in and out in a day, 3 of us around 6-7 hours, as all underneath belly plastics and heat shields removed, exhaust dropped, fuel tank dropped. Lot to do! Cheap labour really!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts