VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I'm looking into buying a t4 caravelle, have been looking at the rear seat layouts and wanted to ask if the rear seats on all t4 caravelles recline so you can sleep on reasonably comfortably for kids or is this something that has to be modified?
I would be looking at removing the rear triple and reclining the middle row of three to use as a bed, if there is enough support?

Any caravelle owners that can help or maybe even show me what the typical layout is like would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Simon

·
Registered
748 Posts
I changed the back seat for one from a Multivan - pretty straightforward as all the fittings are already there and line up, just a few simple mods required. T:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I used an air bed on top of the folded down rear seat an parcel shelf, was plenty for me and my two! But I've now just fitted a multivan rear seat!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply's.... Quite like the air bed option on folded seats.
I Expect finding a multivan rear seat is hard work these days.

I thought because a t5 caravelle has reclining seats the t4 would too, obviously not

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks for the reply's.... Quite like the air bed option on folded seats.
I Expect finding a multivan rear seat is hard work these days.

I thought because a t5 caravelle has reclining seats the t4 would too, obviously not
some multivan bed/seats on ebay put in vwt4 multivan..cost mind but worth every penny..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Saw some mutivan rear seats on ebay starting about £600! I was going to do something along the lines of t4chippy, but had the chance of a multivan interior I:

·
Registered
451 Posts
what might you suggest to hold the front up if not using middle row seats?
You could get some screw-in legs that i have seen others use on similar things. I think you can get them from B&Q/Ikea etc for worktop supports?
I will be doing what T4Chippy has done and will want the layout to work whether I have the twin centre seat in or out, so i will try the leg thing. Watch this space..

·
Registered
451 Posts
Or another way would be to use 4 or five sections of ply that are hinged together so they all fold flat, stacked on top of each other for storage and then turn them on their edge and open them out to form a "W" shape (when looking from above) so the bed section can rest on the top edge.
(If you can't picture this, I apologise!!!)
I will stick pics up when (or if) i get round to doing this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts