VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently fitted Caravelle rails and triple bench seat to my SWB van and am struggling to find a convenient storage solution. I have made my own temporary bed extension from a section of the old 12mm ply flooring and some 2" square pine legs and am currently using a big plastic box which just about fits underneath. This is far from Ideal as it needs removing from the van to access the contents and it is very heavy when full.

Do others just use a series of smaller plastic boxes or do they/you have clever storage methods for keeping clothes, cooking items etc.

Pictures and advice would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
I manufacture a removable storage box/ bed extension for caravelle rails, complete with mattress .
You can use it as a simple box or put a hob in the top and have a tambour door in it. Whatever suits your needs.

Ill try and get a picture up tomorrow of it.

·
previously known as: baggit
812 Posts
when we go away i just move the seat forward and as you say i have a series of small boxes that go behind the seat and under the multiflex, caravelle set up doesnt give you great storage option and i sometimes use a roof box becuase of this, id like to have a 2/3 width caravelle seat realle but they dont make on, elouth i know it can be adapted....

·
Registered
927 Posts
I manufacture a removable storage box/ bed extension for caravelle rails, complete with mattress .
You can use it as a simple box or put a hob in the top and have a tambour door in it. Whatever suits your needs.

Can you gte a picture on this up please?

·
Registered
56 Posts

I would be interested to see this too please!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
when we go away i just move the seat forward and as you say i have a series of small boxes that go behind the seat and under the multiflex, caravelle set up doesnt give you great storage option and i sometimes use a roof box becuase of this, id like to have a 2/3 width caravelle seat realle but they dont make on, elouth i know it can be adapted....
You could get a California seat! Fits the rails, 2 seats instead of 3 and enough room for a storage unit down the side.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have caravelle seat and rails fitted. I'm considering making some roof mounted storage, either one over the rear door or two either side of the seat.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Are there any pictures of this yet?

Thanks

JB

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
these boxes work much better than the small trays for under the bench

1 - 20 of 22 Posts