VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there ive just bought my first van a 2.5 caravelle gl t4 van, the plan is to turn it into a day van and get away abit thru the summer, ive put a set of audi 18's on it lowered, tinted the windows and fitted a nice twin dtm exhaust, ive got a bonnet bra coming in the post so im on the way to having a nice ride, i have a problem im hoping someone can help out with, my tilt and slide sunroof only tilts its probably not been open in years ive hit it all with the old faithful wd40 but its not freeing up my next thought is to strip it, re grease and refit hopefully solving the problem has this been covered in another thread that some one can give me a link to, the other problem i have is the van which is an auto wont start off the key every now and again i have to turn ignition on and link a wire from battery to starter motor or hot wire it from the ignition barrel, is this a common problem its starting to start less and less the conventional way and it dowsnt look good if the old bill catch me hotwiring it no matter how much i protest its my van ha ha, my thoughts were it may be a sensor in the selector that thinks its in gear but ive also tried starting it in 'N' as well as 'P' any ideas.

many thanks

ally

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Your starting problems sound like an inhibitor switch problem which should be around the gear stick, not sure of location. Take the gaiter off and have a look.
Shouldn;t be too difficult to sort.
Warning though.
If you bypass it it will start in all gear positions and is not exactly safe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts