VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Andy,

Do you mean the two single seats fitted? If you do then yes it will, it designed to fit between them.

I've just bought a caravelle bench, two seats and a table back (i sold hime them a few months ago) from Andy at AJC. I'll need to travel down sometime soon and pay and collect them, your welcome to try the table if you want while I'm there, seeing as you live nearby.

Can I also ask what thickness ply you used on your floor as the base layer (small pieces between ribs) and did you just bond them to the van floor?

Dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
im after a triple bench preferably in grey leather how much should i be looking to pay and if i get one ill be flogging 2 leather captains seats how much do they go for cheers

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andy,

Do you mean the two single seats fitted? If you do then yes it will, it designed to fit between them.

I've just bought a caravelle bench, two seats and a table back (i sold hime them a few months ago) from Andy at AJC. I'll need to travel down sometime soon and pay and collect them, your welcome to try the table if you want while I'm there, seeing as you live nearby.

Can I also ask what thickness ply you used on your floor as the base layer (small pieces between ribs) and did you just bond them to the van floor?

Dave
Hi Dave i have a fixed double passenger seat in the front and not seeing how the table fits into the rail wasn't sure if you had to push it all the way forward ?:*just wondered if my front bench seat would be in the way?

unless the table fits another way bud let me know

I did the floor completely backward:( i decided to go the caravelle rails route after i took ages cutting the floor to go down the rib bed route!

I used 6mm ply slats sikaflexed to the van floor then screwed a 12.5mm ply floor to that changed my mind:confused: then had to remove the floor then a lot of the slats as i had bonded the slats where the rail should this was a real B***ache!
I then refitted the 12.5 after using it as template and cutting out for the rails then put a 15mm on top of that.

If your starting from scratch i would use 12.5mm slats and 15mm floor that leave around 3mm for your finishing layer vinyl or what ever you choose.

Clear as mud :)

cheers bud...Andy

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im after a triple bench preferably in grey leather how much should i be looking to pay and if i get one ill be flogging 2 leather captains seats how much do they go for cheers

I paid 1200 but it is like new i have seen 2 singles from 600 up .
But i have seen the whole lot go for 1200 suppose its being in the right place at the right time:ILU:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Alright mate, I'm only over t'hill from you. You can try mine if we can sort out meeting in the middle-as a thanks for sorting me out with the the RR centre caps!T:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright mate, I'm only over t'hill from you. You can try mine if we can sort out meeting in the middle-as a thanks for sorting me out with the the RR centre caps!T:
Hi bud thanks for the offer T: i may take you up on this if i don't get my head round it:confused:

Could you tell me how many feet are on the base and do you have to slide it between the driver and passenger seat to get it into the rails?

Cheers...AndyT:

·
Registered
621 Posts
There are 4 feet and two locking things, all are in the middle portion of the table. I have just had it out and to give you an idea there is about 25-30mm of space between the back of the handbrake and the front of the table when removing. I'm not overly familiar with how the double passenger is so wouldn't like to say if it would fit.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are 4 feet and two locking things, all are in the middle portion of the table. I have just had it out and to give you an idea there is about 25-30mm of space between the back of the handbrake and the front of the table when removing. I'm not overly familiar with how the double passenger is so wouldn't like to say if it would fit.

Cheers for that bud from what you say i think it could be a goer check this photo see what you think?T:

its a little blurred had to crop it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts