VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know which forum to post this possibly electrical or bodywork, but here goes. my rear door tailgate type will not open, when i pull on both the outside and inside handles i can hear a click but the door will not unlock. question is has anyone had this trouble in the past and what did you do to fix it ? thanks for reading this thread, any ideas would be greatfully received :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply ewoksbus, but how do i get pannel off, the screws are around the side of the door, so when door is closed screws are hidden, just some gentle persuasion do you think ?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Would also like to know if others have had this problem and what the fix was? My son has the same prob with his central locking. I have read the threads about the corroded wires under the drivers seat but his locks sound like they are still working but tailgate door won't open, nor sliding door?? Front doors are fine.
Any advice would be really helpful, thanks in advance.T:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I had this, It was the connecting rod from the central locking Module (If you want to call it that) down to the actual latch on the door which had poped off ;)

Got a cable tie down to the lever and was able to open the boot then (After removing the lining panel) take out the lock and you can then refit the lever and job job'd! :ILU: Not sure why it come off mindI:

·
Registered
362 Posts
where the rod goes into the lock mechanism there is a little plastic latch and it pops off , when i took my panel off the little plastic latch fell out , it goes over the rod between the lock mech and handle , i checked mine because the door wouldnt catch properly and when i used the handle it stayed up so had to check and that is what i found

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Have you tried unlocking it with the key? I expect you have but thought i'd mention the option where you can disengage the tailgate from the central locking by rotating the key to a certain position. I usually have mine set like this as rarely use the tailgate.

Worth a check first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i should have posted this a long time ago but, andy variant "lord of the t5s" was correct. the small rod that connects the mechanism came out of the catch. i managed to pull away the panel at the top and look down but couldnt pull the lever up so i removed the panel with as little force as i could. there were no screws along the side only clips on the back of the panel. After pushing in the rod the lock is working fine. Looking at the panel under the handle it looks like it has been dented so it was probably that causing the rod to pop out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts