VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you a grandad or a surf dude??

I have a panel van with side windows, and 2 rear seats, carpeted inside, which obviously makes me a surf dude :D
I surf, windsurf kayak and sail. We holiday in Bude.

Now, if I had a caravelle, and surf, windsurf kayak and sail and holiday in Bude, does that make me a grandad??

If so, why?? Would owning a caravelle make me a minibus driver??

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
i have a caravelle and if people wanna call me a grandad so be it (cant see why though?) but what really makes me laugh is the people that have these vans and go out and buy surfboards and all the other surfing stuff because they think they have to just to fit in with the vw 'van' scene ! i know people that do this and cant even swim ! they just think it looks good to have surfboards and wetsuits in the van LOL:

·
Registered
359 Posts
i have a caravelle and if people wanna call me a grandad so be it (cant see why though?) but what really makes me laugh is the people that have these vans and go out and buy surfboards and all the other surfing stuff because they think they have to just to fit in with the vw 'van' scene ! i know people that do this and cant even swim ! they just think it looks good to have surfboards and wetsuits in the van LOL:
Here Here !!! from another Velle driver and a Grandad aged 33 LOL: LOL: LOL: (with no Surfboard!)

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Think the answer is within the question.

Caravelle = more seats.

More seats = more kids to lug about..

More kids to lug about = Granddad... :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've got a Velle and have taken the seats out to put my motorbike in sometimes and camp in other times; no surf boards, no kids............I'm also female I:

I bought the Velle because they look less 'work' van than the panel van and one came along at the right time, no other reason really.

:eek: Hmmm, I think I've just messed with your theory.........glad to be of service!! Rasp:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i aint got no surf board!!

the only way im gonna surf is if the water is frozen and draped on the side of an Alp or Rockie!!!
frozen water is harder than non frozen - which is why I gave up the snowboarding!! My back doesn't like being broke..... :eek:

·
Registered
359 Posts
T:Main reason to have a velle is that there is alot less work to do and if you do it all looks like a factory finish (no carpet on the walls) which helps if you want to sell ? (i would rather sell my Gran ! 93 years young, low milesLOL:), ive fitted a multivan rear bed , full electrics, tv fridge, swivels etc etc 7 seater one minute - camper the next. as the seats just clip in, No brainer if you as me

·
Registered
502 Posts
Velle with a rock and roll (but missing the boot space), extra seats when needed and space for my bike inside and a canoe on the roof.

long way from being a grandad or surf dude

And I'm allowed to go faster than you...Rasp:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Seriously? People really do that?

Personally I'd have bought either, turns out I bought a lemon of a panel van.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a velle because I have 5 kids I use to surf when I only had 2 kids lol and I am only 30 I: my dads the grandad and he has a 72 Bay lol

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Ooooh - too close to the truth there - you sound like me...I:Rasp:

Anyway - I'm an (actual) grandad and I surf.

But I surfed before I was a grandad and before I had my T4.

I still surf since selling my T4

T:T:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts