VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Anyone in the warwickshire area that does carbon bonnet wraps the decent 3m stuff. Im ok at wrapping this stuff on smaller sections but wasnt happy doing my bonnet. found it pretty difficult on my own.
Few creases and bubbles ruined it.so i ripped if off. dont wanna buy some more and ruin that, so after a pro to do it if anyone is out there or knows of someone. Bonnet all prepped,grill out. Have got hot air gun. Am after it in white carbon fibre.bit more subtle and most people have it in black, thought id be differentT:
Im in Stratford upon avon.
Cheers Craig :ILU:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or if i get the carbon wrap and somebody that does body wraps local wants to earn some cash n give me a hand.
would be gratefulT:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re:Anyone doin carbon bonnet wrap

Anyone doin vehicle wrapping then in warwickshire area, trying to get my bonnet done. i messed it up when i tried.lol
cheers

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
i knw what you mean about fitting it i bought 10mx2m hoping to wran bonnet and roof and if i had enough money would have bought more and done the whole van

how wrong was i the bonnet is hard enough so i used it to carbon dashboard bits and window pillar so im interested if theres anyone out there that wants to do mine too T:T:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you mean mate, i just carbon wrapped interior handles,dash bits etc.no probs with a heat gun. doing the body work on your own is a pain in the ass. yeah when i get it done i will post some pics

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think i will just have to have another go pref with someone helping.
yours looked good mateA:

·
Registered
48 Posts
There is a better Carbon Wrap Vinyl than 3M. It is by a company called KPMF. It has an air release technology which makes so much nicer to install. Also if you put it next to the 3M then you can not tell the difference, exact same finish. It's around £20 metre.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Bat3man you the first person i have heard say that and its true!! I have used 3m and kpmf and the latter is far far better!and heaps cheaper

A tip for wraping is...many hands make light work, it's near impossible to do a bonnet on your tod! Watch YouTube vids there are usually 3 dudes, two to lay and one to heat/spot/smooth ect ect! Unfortunatly it's one of those things that you get better at all the time! My first effot on my s8 roof was shocking but I kept at it!! I have done about 6 roofs and 10 bonnets and they get easier! It's not rocket science don't worry!!

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Maybe try these guys at Cradley Heath...

http://www.wrapkings.co.uk/ The video is well worth a watch.

Ben and Will know what they are doing as you can see, they won't be cheap though.

Busterben is on here, but he's on holiday at the moment. Will should be able to help you.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Here's mine, had it done by CR Signs Nailsworth Gloucestershire about 100 quid to do the job. Cracking job A:

They did the roof too

Cheers Gaz

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers for your posts,love your green roof and detailing. think i might look into that KPMF if your rating it

·
Registered
281 Posts
Most sign writers should be able to help you out....T:

Been to see one near me recently to have something special done on my bonnet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i know its no where near your area but there's a company in bristol who specialize in vehicle wrapping called BRISTOL BLUE CUSTOMS. my mate had his whole t4 wrapped by them and they wrap some top end motors. porsche,aston martin etc. check out they're website.T:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts