VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im really interested in gettin a carbon fibre bonnet wrap for my T4, where in the carmarthenshire area is the best??
Thanks

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Not sure thats the beat vinyl for wrapping. Needs to be cast vinyl and some form of air release system so that it can be applied dry.

·
Registered
144 Posts
not sure how youre getting on but im a vehicle wrapper by trade and have wrapped all sorts from smart cars to bentleys and although 3m is of very good quality, its a bit stiff as far as im concerned hexis is by far the best, in terms of confomability and adhesion.
expect to pay around £30 for a liear meter (its 1500mm wide)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your help - we think we'll wrap it in the new year. Really can't wait to see the results. everyone in my family expected me to get a really girly flower bonnet because it my first van as a teenage girl - so i thought carbon fibre would prove them wrong and look really good.
Thanks, kate :)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Had my bonnet wrapped with hexis carbon vinyl and my door handles for 80 quid today,i only went there for 2 new front tyres.Must say it looks mean looking on a white t4,overall very good,anyone thinking of having it done in the Blackburn area i can give you the numberT:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Had my bonnet wrapped with hexis carbon vinyl and my door handles for 80 quid today,i only went there for 2 new front tyres.Must say it looks mean looking on a white t4,overall very good,anyone thinking of having it done in the Blackburn area i can give you the numberT:
Me please :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Got any photos?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The guy said the 3M stuff is not good for wrapping as compared to the hexis which is more pliable and has a gloss finishT:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I agree hexis vinyl is the best
They do all sorts of colors in wrap and a few colors in carbon fibre
And it is in a 3d textured as well which is very nice but quite expensive

1 - 20 of 28 Posts