VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I got my carpet to line the van today and i plan to crack on with the lining tomorrow.

I am unsure about the wheel arches. I've seem some people do them separately to the van body frame and i've seen others do them in one go using the same sheet. So start at the top of the frame and then go all the way to the floor, over the wheel arches.

I am thinking the all-in-one-go option will look better but will be harder to get right.

Any advice or tips for tomorrow?

thanks all

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Spray the glue horizontal on one surface vertical on the other (trust me it helps)
Mask everything you don't want spray glue on
2nd for panelwipe surface your glueing so it's free of dirt grease first
And most importantly take your time and enjoy it especially if your working on your pride and joy
Good luck bud T:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips! Think I’m going to try all in one go :)

I have loads of isopropyl alcohol which is the main content of panel wipes so I’ll make sure it’s all properly clean

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wasn’t too bad :)

I just didn’t order enough :( so only 1 side and all panels have been completed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
236 Posts

Mate that looks awesome! A:

I need to get mine done over the next few weeks, any tips would be great.

How much carpet did you order, and is that Anthracite Grey? (I have ply panels coming this week).

Cheers

J

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@JMC10Y i ordered 10m2 of graphite from ebay (seller vantastictrims).

Advice? Just take your time i guess. Hopefully like me you would have done some research, but basically spray the surface you want to stick to and then the back of the carpet, wait about 30 seconds to a minute and then stick them together. Start at the top and work your way across and then down. Carpet the body of the van first and then the panels after. Make sure you have sharp scissors and sharp knives/blades.

Good luck matey!

·
Registered
19 Posts

Mate that looks awesome! A:

I need to get mine done over the next few weeks, any tips would be great.

How much carpet did you order, and is that Anthracite Grey? (I have ply panels coming this week).

Cheers

J

Just having a read on a dreary day.

Did mine to a similar standard. Seem some horrific attempts by so called professionals.

I've got two side doors and struggled particularly around window as will be a hidden area. Time again I'd take my doors off.

Rear barn doors difficult again around window. I couldn't do it in one. Overlap and use a scalpel or very sharp knife.-Hairline seam.

Hidden fixings were not that difficult. I also used very heavy duty Velcro as back up.

Ceiling less easy and more dependent on Velcro. Found a plasterers extendable support very valuable all round.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts