VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most people use stretchy carpet lining specially for vans, my question is: has anyone used hotel quality carpet in their vans at all? Not wanting to sound like a skin flint but I have some on standby in the colour and super quality I love but thinking if it may be a tad on the heavy side?

Annegret

·
Registered
245 Posts
It is all according how stretchy it is, as you need a good stretch to get around all the curves and angles on the van body work, especially wheel arches. Why not try a small area.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think if you wanted something like that to work, you would need to ply lined the van almost like a builders van so that you just have flat surfaces to work with as i think it would be impossible to get that into all the nooks and crannies and for it to look good, that is the purpose of the stretchy stuff. I don't think the weight would cause you any problems especially if you use 6mm ply, it would just act as better insulation!

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
I know most people use stretchy carpet lining specially for vans, my question is: has anyone used hotel quality carpet in their vans at all? Not wanting to sound like a skin flint but I have some on standby in the colour and super quality I love but thinking if it may be a tad on the heavy side?

Annegret
getting carpet to fit well is made a lot easier with a flexible carpet
I suppose you could use top quality axminster if everything was flat and you used a strong enough glue

but joking aside you do need at least 3 way stretch to follow the contours and curves

1 - 5 of 5 Posts