VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a t5.1 currently a panel van but eventually i want to have a window on each side and a back window but its bottom of the list in the mean time i want to insulate and carpet it and put in a floor . I have watched videos etc and am unsure if i need to have wood panels put in and carpet them seperate or do i just capet direct to the walls etc ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a t5.1 currently a panel van but eventually i want to have a window on each side and a back window but its bottom of the list in the mean time i want to insulate and carpet it and put in a floor . I have watched videos etc and am unsure if i need to have wood panels put in and carpet them seperate or do i just capet direct to the walls etc ?
I found this coombe valley campers video very helpful.

I plan to put the panels up and then carpet everything as I think it looks better. But equally, you could carpet the panels individually and the walls and install.

I think it's personal preference. Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes saw that video very good ,
I have the original panels , but they are short panels and dont cover the window area if that makes any difference

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes saw that video very good ,
I have the original panels , but they are short panels and dont cover the window area if that makes any difference
I would do the full lot, unless you're putting a window in. I have the full length ones which i'll use as template.

If you're nearby you would be welcome to have them once i've done with them for your own templates.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Custom shop designs £90 for a set of 3mm wood panels pre cut with holes full size. Excellent fit. I carpeted them separate with hidden clips from MVM. Then carpet the metal work. So that way you can take the panels of in the future if you wish to👍

·
Registered
123 Posts
I do have pics I will try and post some. I keep saying I’m going to post pics of my van as well.the missus has got me decorating at the Minute. I’m in the middle of refitting my bathroom give me a couple of days will try and post some up. The panels are a great fit. MVM hidden clips are also excellent a bit tough to get into the panels but are worth doing. I also have a one piece roof which I brought from a firm called plyworx £115 again another great fit and I used MVM hidden roof clips again no issues with the clips all looks really good am very pleased with the results I will try over next few days to get some pics up. Just on tea break at the minute 🤣👍

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do have pics I will try and post some. I keep saying I’m going to post pics of my van as well.the missus has got me decorating at the Minute. I’m in the middle of refitting my bathroom give me a couple of days will try and post some up. The panels are a great fit. MVM hidden clips are also excellent a bit tough to get into the panels but are worth doing. I also have a one piece roof which I brought from a firm called plyworx £115 again another great fit and I used MVM hidden roof clips again no issues with the clips all looks really good am very pleased with the results I will try over next few days to get some pics up. Just on tea break at the minute 🤣👍
Did you get a chance to find pics ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hello mate sorry not been on here as have been busy will get some on here for you today promise

·
Registered
123 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
There we go finally better late than never. Sorry for the late reply having a few technical issues all sorted now. I hope these are of some help to you. All panels from custom shop designs except one piece roof from plyworkx. All hidden clips from MVM plus the carpet. Very happy with the results.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Brilliant yes thats great :) what colour is the carpt and where did you get it , did you insulate or soundproof

·
Registered
123 Posts
conversion not finished yet floor and brackets coming up. 12mm ply floor going down with Altro flooring and full width rock and roller. Going for day van no units down the side. All on hold at the minute until I’ve finished decorating then straight back on it 👍

·
Registered
123 Posts
Anthracite from MVM carpet along with clips. Yes I insulated with silent coat sound deadened then dodo mat really do notice the difference its like night and day

1 - 20 of 24 Posts