VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has carpeted the cab of their T5? I have a mat down currently but was wondering if there would be any sound-proofing advantage to carpeting the cab and front arches? Is it a simple job to do? Can i just use the megavanmats carpet as I have used to do the rear of the van?
Matt

·
Registered
591 Posts
Many people have used the mega stretch lining carpet on the front cab floor and over the arches, we would always advise to use an over cab mat over the top of this.

The end result would look like this:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks fantastic. Did you remove the seats to do the carpet or is it easily done with the seats in?

·
Registered
591 Posts
The seats were removed to do this.
It can also be done by removing the seats and taking the rubber floor out and covering it out of the van.
It takes appx 2m x 2m.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Many people have used the mega stretch lining carpet on the front cab floor and over the arches, we would always advise to use an over cab mat over the top of this.

The end result would look like this:

Do you do tjis commercially ? Along with a bit of soundproofing too ? For a T4 ?
If so, drop me pm !!

·
Registered
591 Posts
We are not currently doing this ourselves,we are just supplying all the materials needed.
We can supply you with details of companies that we supply who would be able to do the work for you,if this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts