VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

New to the forum and looking to get some advice.. Just picked up our van this week and we are looking to carpet the interior. Have seen a few vids on youtube showing how it's done and seems relatively simple enough to do yourself. Wandered if anyone can recommend any companies that sell the carpet/insulation materials required (live in North Devon)... Does anyone have any particular advice on best materials to use (i know there are different insulating materials, not sure if different types of carpets available etc etc).. Any links for really helpful instructions on this would be really useful also, will search the forum also to see what we can find..

Sorry if this has already been asked by someone, there is ALOT of info on this forum, and just finding our way around..

Thanks for any advice :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Speak to Paul from Classic Accoustics, Telford 01952 680102. He knows his onions when it comes to sound insulation and he sells and now fits barrier, insulation and 4 way stretch carpet. Very helpful and great value and has recorded facts and figures on noise tests on his products.
I'm well happy with mine.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for your input, everyone is super helpful! Will have a look at your recommendations and get ordering in a few weeks once she has come home from the bodyshop & tinter T:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm in the process of sound proofing/insulating with sound barrier and foam from classic acoustics, i'm very happy with it, the van seems quieter already and I'm only about 1/4 done!

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in the process of sound proofing/insulating with sound barrier and foam from classic acoustics, i'm very happy with it, the van seems quieter already and I'm only about 1/4 done!
Cool.. be interested see the finished product.. Think lining it will make a big difference to the inside of the van, especially as we plan on camping in it eventually and also help insulate it for the cold winter months, oh and to reduce road noise too.. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts