VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Have finished insulating and boarding out my van and am going to attempt to carpet it tomorrow with a kit i bought off ebay, before fitting r&r ready to go away on sun is there anything i need to be aware of and any useful tips. any help appreciated.

cheers
t4bear

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Having had fun doing mine!!! I would definitely recommend you trim your panels down by 3mm before carpeting to ensure a good fit :)

Good luck T:

·
Registered
51 Posts
keep the glue off your hands otherwise you'l get it on the carpet when you hold it and stain it!!!lol,and you could staple or tape the back down to help it slipping!!have fun!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Be patient

Carpet the panles BEFORE you put them on.. don't do it with them on already.

Take your time / be patient.

What ever happens you WONT run out of glue... (i have 4 cans left from my kit).

Be patient

Stop to think about the shape you're cutting in regards to the side you glue... i messed this up twice and glued the wrong side. Luckily there was enough carpet for 2 mistakes!

Don't bother trying to match up the screws, simply drill new ones and get black dry wall screws to fix to the metal.

Be patient

Careful if you carpet the roof panels and drill them into the roof. You may have little screws poking out the top (oops).

Be patient.

Have fun!

browse my posts for loads of tips... i did same a month a go and asked loads of questions which got loads of responses.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the advice guys, unfortunately i bottled it and have someone who does it for a living doing it tomorrow for me, laying floor, sides and ceiling for £100, i think this is a good price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts