VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Can anyone tell me the standard spec of a 2.4d M reg carravelle club? did they do a 2.3 engine as the seller seems to think its 2.3 not 2.4? do these have the rear heating? I have never heard of a club before so any info appreciated! :ILU:

Happy new year!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
we have a M reg Caravelle 1.9TD CL from new, and were advised that the other option was the 2.4 NA model, with more torgue but thirstier

spec was the same across the models - CL ) basic, no electric's but with ceiling fresh air and underfloor heating

GL had captains chairs, velour fabric and electrics

advertsied as built on the Kombi bodyshell

never heard of a "Club" model, but conceiveably a Kombi kitted out with seats like a Caravelle, but not a Caravelle?

10,824 Posts
How do you get a 1.6L 2.3 diesel :confused:

Very vague advert no photos of interior etc etc, might be nice but I would be suspicious about it :* and you don't get Clubs either unless it's a opel/vauxhall in disguise. And no they didn't do a 2.3.

·
Banned
10,253 Posts
I know, I'm feeling that but I have bought it pick it up Tuesday hopefully???
Hope all goes well with your purchase, I wouldn't set to much stall by the ad as with auto trader it can be difficult to fill in details for older vehicles with the parameters they set for the adds generally..... T:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Cop this:-

The hard working green one in front. A 2.4D. Great engine. Tricky to change glow plugs though. Never bothered about one behind fuel pump. Armrests throughout, good heater in rear and upper level roof vents. Map reading light in front, PROPER load rated alloys. Central locking.

Putting the Blue one on the road but will keep the Green one under wraps in case I want to go back to it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well guys, once again I apear to have pulled it off with the long distance buying. this velle is awsome i am back in the game... bye bongo hello dub! god i have missed having a velle! :ILU:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi I know this is an old thread but may help others.

When I purchased my 95 T4 Caravelle I done the usual Checks for Insurance and to make sure it wasn't a write off.
Experian car check said it was a 95 Club 8 ( 8 seater ). Log book said Minibus,

Found this site ;- vw vin check said it was Transporter/ Caravelle.
www.vwvindecoder.com or type vw vincheck enter your vin and it will get all the vehicles info , where it was made , colour code , engine code , gearbox code etc, for free.
Mine was built 20 years ago in Hannover Germany.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts