VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a ex aa van that has been chipped and goes like stink i had just put some v-power fuel in it and i was going along my country road i thought to myself how well she was going on the new fuel and suddenly i was pulled by a plain car .caught doing 76 mph in a 40 and after chatting to him and saying sorry he actually let me off

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know couldnt believe it i was sure i was getting a ticket just got rid of my 9 points tooo

·
Registered
759 Posts
Sorry but I don't believe you should have got away with that.....a few mph over is maybe a forgivable offence but nearly double the speed limit, especially in a 40.......that is just plain stupid, reckless and irresponsible! And the fact you seem happy about it enough to come on here and 'brag' that you got away with it, obviously being a repeat offender ("just got rid of my 9 points too") shows little care or thought for everyone else on the roads/pathways. GROW UP!

·
Literally, white van man
4,071 Posts
A: I'm sure you won't but take it as a warning, Happy christmas, you don't get many freebies of that proportion :no

Chris

·
Registered
518 Posts
im sure you were nice to copper and admitted to ofence,thats why you got away with it.i know some people want to rant and rave at coppers then moan they got done.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I got let off a few years back on the A31, doing 120+ (in a vehicle more suited to the task, to be sure).

It was the day of an England world cup match, baking hot, no other traffic other than a superbike and the copper in an unmarked VRS. We'd all been doing around the 100 for several miles, until a long straight bit and dip with no other traffic, so the bike went for it, and so did I.. not racing at all, big gaps, but driving waaaaaay too fast..

I got pulled, and the bike opened his throttle and and disappeared over the horizon...

Biggest bollocking of my life, but he let me go.. (I live next to the main police station so he new exactly where I was from)

Do I agree with it? no, shouldn't have been let off. can't deny I'm happy he did though, and I've never ever pushed my luck like that since.

So, can't really claim any moral high ground, but speed limits are there for a reason, especially 40 and 30s... :-(

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
to be honest you really need to see where it was i was speeding because if you didnt know you would not think it was a 40 and 50 limit long road with hardly any houses there i dont agree with speeding in areas where there are schools or padestrians so i agree with you but i honestly didnt realise the limits tll i really looked the next day

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Hmmm, lucky really. I never...never speed in thirty and fourty limits and that includes when I'm on my motorbike..not that I say bikers speed. I know the roads where I live and I still keep to the limit. You never know who is watching and I wouldn't want anything on my conscience!
OH! by the way...always keep to the limit in 'me bus 'cos it's so damn noisey at 70 :*

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I don't agree with speeding in residential or built up area's there is no excuse imho.

I have done over 160 a few times, fastest I have gone is 182 but that wasn't for long and there was nothing at all on the road.
This isn't in the UK but on a German Autobahn, but in the UK have hit some silly speeds around Castle Combe and Llandow racetracks.

Consider yourself very lucky and accept that as a warning, the outcome could have been much worse. *<:)>

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
was going to dig out the popcorn and settle in for the night on this but it seems to have fizzled out like a damp firework :(

·
Registered
245 Posts
If I said I kept to the speed limit 100% of the time i'd be a liar, but in my line of work I see the consequences of speed far to often.

I've also had to tell families, including my own, that loved ones have been lost as a result of a road accident.:(

Life is far to precious, enjoy it but don't risk it. Or any body elses.

And so endeth the lesson, Ahmen

Reevo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts