VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the CB here

But wanted it in the roof, not much room to play with but built a centre box trim the whole lenth of the van for my LED's

so put the cb above my head. Pics look like it's in the view of my rear view mirror but it's only the angle of the camera making it look like this as the radio is inline with my head. Will be fitting the mic holder tomorrow so it won't hang over the sun blind

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here's mine, had to relocate the lock for the unit, the easy starts not in use on the pump I'm using so it isn't a problem having it mounted here.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I like the roof idea, I was tempted to do that with mine, but it's a big old set up and I think it might come down too far. It may even bring the roof down or alter the centre of gravity so much that I'd tip over going round bends !!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I love seeing how everyone does it differently! :)

My CB display is top left in this pic, by the sat nav, Mic (never used) tucked in the bottom right pocket.
The main CB radio box is completely built in behind the lower dash.

It has a hands free mic built in up by the visor, and a remote control on the drivers door for channel change, mute, transmit etc etc:

I can't stand trailing cables!!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
i got this built but its not so expensive but does the job .

see just need covering so will be looking out for something to do it with also want a 6" vw sign for where the speaker is .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts