VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can any one shed some light I have been offered some Audi a 4 alloys I had the chance to try them before I bought them but the center bore is different on the rear not tried the front ..what I mean is the alloy wheel center is smaller then the rear hub I want to fit them on a 91 t4 With rear drum brakes any I deal how to get over this

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
If the centre bore on the rear is different then I'm guessing the fronts will be the same. I can't see Audi making a car with different centre bores front and rear :*

T4 centre bore is 57.1

If the centre bore of the wheels you want is bigger then simply get spigot rings- about £4.50 a set off the bay.
However, if centre bore of the wheels you want is smaller than the T4 then you will need hub adapters, about £180 I do believe. And then you need to think about the ET (offset) as the adapters will add approx 20mm poke.
If it were me, I would walk away from wheels with a smaller bore than the T4's 57.1 as there is plenty of choice out there- unless the wheels are uber rare I: x

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like good advice lucky I had the chance to try them same lovely set of rims for the price So it seems 112 OCD is ok but you need to look for centre bore as well so what does fit straight on

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Audi A4's have the 112 stud pattern, 57.1 centre bore and ET 35-45 approx (except the allroad)
T4's have 112, 57.1 and ET 30-50 approx so they should go straight on in theory.

If the bore is greater than 57.1 then they may have been bored out.
If smaller, they may have spiggots already fitted?

Might be worth getting the exact model they came off.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Off set on the allroad is 15-25 but bore should still be 57.1.

I don't think I'd recommend boring out of wheels but I'm sure it's possible with some.

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
also check the pcd...

as some audi come with 5x100 pcd

audi also has a 57 centre bore,most vw is 57.1

if the wheels where realy special or rare,genuine rims,then i would look at opening the bore slightly...very easily done by a skilled engineering shop....but otherwise leave them...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gen Audi A4 wheels only £60 with two good tyres was wondering what load rating they were Realy good condition

1 - 11 of 11 Posts