VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my console for my CB radio. It was made by iceman’s dad who was a carpenter I gave him my effort and he took it home and greatly improved the design.
I’ve put pics on with measurements so it can bye made if any one wants more info please pm me and ill try to help remember I didn’t make it just gave him a idea I will be putting it in my van over the hols with CB fitted I hope . So what do you think?
my effort

what icemans dad made for me .

ps MERRY XMAS TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS *<:)>*<:)>*<:)>

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok i only picked it up this morning thinking of painting it black so it dont stand out to much in the van will put pictures up when finished .

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IM OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS ON what to do with the console .any ideas

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Why not cover it in acoustic carpet ? or if you have carpeted the rear of the van and have some spare use that. Just a thought.

Steve w....

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Why not cover it in acoustic carpet ? or if you have carpeted the rear of the van and have some spare use that. Just a thought.

Steve w....
cheErs steve not sure what to do as ive sTill got to drill and cut holes for the cb and swr and speaker also im thinking a vw sign on the front of the console .is it any good or am i waisting my time thankyou for input .*<:)>MERRY XMAS TO ALL

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well finally got round to fitting my air horns took it to TT1956 a member on the forum. Trev.
He fitted them to my expansion tank holder by drilling a 13mm hole and bolting it on then got a cb radio speaker bracket and fitted the horns. He then wired them all up using the diagram given and ran a live wire to and from the switch which he put in using a grommet hole in the engine. The switch was from maplins and is a momentary switch. £2.69p also I fitted my cb radio console in which iceman’s dad made for me with a bit of fiddling it fits nice but needs painting or covering. I drilled small holes in front the shape of Vw and fitted my cb speaker to the back of it. And then fitted a phone holder too. I will put a Vw sticker on front where the speaker is once painted. I know its not fibre glass or anything but it does the job. Hope this gives you some ideas where or how to fit a ir horns and cb console.

hope this helps see you all at campermart next week
DONT FORGET OUR JANUARY MEET TOYS R US OLDBURY JUNCTION 2 M5
2PM

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx the horns sound great and very loud the neighbours are going to hate me lol well the box isnt a permanet fixture i need something else but the prices are horendous ? so its a compromise but once ita painted or covered it wont look so bad and yes i do know what you mean about leg room .

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im off to campermart this weekend so ll be loking out for some ideas

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just finished the console for my cb .

ok so its not audio line but it cost less than £15.00 the lot so im happy . A:A:
and if it works happy days let me know what channels you use
look out for our meet this saturday at TOYS R US JUNCTION 2 OLDBURY ALL VWS WELCOME 2PMT:T:T:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SO WHAT DO YOU THINK WAS IT WORTH IT OR NOT ?thumbs up T: or thumbs down :*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts