VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at getting a central locking kit to fit to the van. found one which is on website right click. does anyone know about these?
so has anyone got one of tese kits? are they easy to fit? and how do you do the side door for central locking? please before i buy one.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
You'll need to get your own sliding door contact and although it is possible to fit with the rods supplied I always recommend the vw originals and the clips, these make installation extremely simple and are available from breeze vw on eBay for £15. The right click shop is shut until 2 nd jan but i'm about this week so can dispatch on Wednesday for delivery this week.

·
Registered
541 Posts
hi lisa just fitted a right click central locking kit myself.....was a fikkin nightmare but as all the others say..it will be a doddle if you get the rod kit to go with it...wish i did in the first place..i got the alarm to go with it too...sideloading door contact switch is 6 pound odd from t4srus and they are good quality...to sum up good kit just dont mess around with the rods get some ready made ones..come on right clik its about time you made these???

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks disco dave, for the sliding door contacts how many ways do i need ie 2way 3 way etc? want to get project started before new year. as had enough of trying to open door in the rain. best do it while off over xmas period. would it bo worth waiting for you to sort out the rods situation in jan?

·
HORACE
1,589 Posts
T:Hi have a look at my pics, theres one off the side door switch i fitted. I used to fit central door locking when i was a car audio and sunroof fitter. Just remember to have a small loop in the wiring between the front door pillar and door or the cables will soon snap if you have them going straight from grommet to grommet. I used straight rods from the servos as ive fitted so many but would have to agree on the other responses to get the pre shaped ones for a novice. Its an easy job but a bit long winded. Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for telling me about the rods, will make hubbys life alot easier and mine to less to help him with lol.

upspex have brought form you before how long would it take to get the kit out to me once paid? will pm you to

1 - 11 of 11 Posts