VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, after a few months of sorting my central locking out, it now works back to its original format, but I am unsure if this is correct. Could somebody please explain what the exact actions are when you press the unlock button once or twice and the lock button once or twice? I.E. what doors are meant to open, deadlocks etc etc also can any of it me changed in vagcom?

Many thanks

Beads

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh ok cool. Thanks for that. What year is your van?

My 06 plate, when press unlock once, drivers and rear doors unlock only, press unlock again and passenger and sliding door unlock. Press lock once all doors lock (unsure if opens from inside) press lock again rear doors unlock ?!?

Bought a new key today and had it coded etc and told the dealer this seemed wrong. They adamant it is correct

·
Registered
736 Posts
Ahh ok cool. Thanks for that. What year is your van?

My 06 plate, when press unlock once, drivers and rear doors unlock only, press unlock again and passenger and sliding door unlock. Press lock once all doors lock (unsure if opens from inside) press lock again rear doors unlock ?!?

Bought a new key today and had it coded etc and told the dealer this seemed wrong. They adamant it is correct
2006 one press to lock = dead locks all doors, two presses = deactivates dead lock
one press unlocks = drivers door only, two presses = unlocks all doors

THIS IS HOW MINE WORKS AND HAPPY WITH THIS WAY T:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Mine works like ;

Unlock.
1st push - drivers door only unlocks.
2nd push - all doors unlock.

Lock.
1st push - all doors deadlock.
2nd push - deadlocks & alarm off.

54 plate.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mine works like ;

Unlock.
1st push - drivers door only unlocks.
2nd push - all doors unlock.

Lock.
1st push - all doors deadlock.
2nd push - deadlocks & alarm off.

54 plate.
Mine is the same - 1st push - drivers door only. I changed it so I wasn't driving around with all my doors open.
It used to open them all with 1st push but I copied my mates code via VAG to make it like his. Much better.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cool thanks people. I've been doing some investigating and it appears that there was a faulty rear door lock that opened on 2 pushes on button, Vw know about fault but are keeping quiet, some people have had lock changed under warranty. Probably no good asking on 2006 plate :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts