VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Strange question I know but I'm thinking of wiring my new central locking kit to my liesure battery rather than my main battery. Mw reason is I won't need to rip the dash apart to get 12v if I mount the controller near the battery (behind the bulkhead) and run the cables under the side steps.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
As above.
The good kits are all pre wired, and just require you to plug a connector straight in to the back of the relay board. There are several spare permanent 12v places. Also, the earth just plugs straight in to the earth ring. You shouldn't even need to cut any vehicle loom wires unless you want the lights to flash when the locks work.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good, I never like to go near the fusebox, it all seems o tightly fitted and such a mess that if a wire comes out there's no way I'll know where to put it back!! And with mine being an ex Thames water there's all sorts of left overs there too. But I think the alarm box is behind the fuse box and I wanted to find out what model it is anyway so there's an incentive.

The kit comes with plenty of wire so hopefully I'll be able to run the cable back under the sidestep, along the bottom of the bulkhead and back under the other sidestep to the other door rather than take all the bottom of the dash and glove box off to get the cable to the other side, that always seems to take longer than you think!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts